Im looking for build a AMD rig and i'm looking for a Water Cooling Kit not a AIO but a real kit

Go to solution Solved by Bouncewasp,
11 hours ago, Fatty522 said:

SO i went shopping on https://www.ekwb.com/  and i love it! is there anything to stay away from? like junk you don't reality need? or everything on that site are g8 and cant go wrong..

I dont really think you can go too far wrong, like I said before I thi k it's best to avoid their "fluid gaming" range but I dont think they sell it anymore, at least in individual component form.

I went for all quantum range stuff, basically you need as a minimum a reservoir and pump (or a res/pump combo), a cpu block, gpu block and radiator. Then decide if you want hardline or soft tubing and get a load of fittings to suit. Also dont forget a valve and fitting/tube to make a drain from the lowest point.

My lessons learned are:

1. loads of people make a massive fuss about leaks and hard tubing being difficult etc. My opinion is it depends how practical you are, I've worked on cars and other mechanical things for years so found a hardline loop really not that difficult. Soft tubing would be a lot easier though, I just dont like the way it looks.

2. Buy extra fittings, I only bought regular "straight" fittings and could have done with a few more 90deg adaptors etc.

3. Make sure you have enough coolant - I'd say 1litre is likely enough for most cpu/gpu loops.

4. I'd recommend adding a coolant temp sensor too (assuming your mobo can take an external sensor).

5. Pick PETG or acrylic, I ended up using a mixture of the two and I cant tell the difference other than petg heated up a lot quicker. If going soft tubing this isnt applicable.

6. I used solid cryofuel coolant. Again everyone will bang on about how it's bad, it has sediment, it discolours. I'm a few months in using solid white and it still looks brand new.

7. Distilled water is a load of nonsense. You can rinse with tap water if you really need to, but I admit I went and got deionised water for a couple of quid just to be on the safe side.

If going hardline you will need a heat gun, set square or something similar to measure right angles etc. and for the sake of a couple of quid I got the psu bridge so you can fill it up without any power to your actual system. If it does leak, it wont matter.

I'll add a link to my build thread and you can see what I managed with my first attempt.

HTH buddy!

Im looking for a Water cooling Kit that has eveything that good. Dose anyone know of any kits out there that are good to buy?

EKWB's kits are expensive, even within the realm of custom-loop water-cooling, but you pretty much get the best of everything.

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

I'll just paste this from a thread I posted in earlier today: 

Full custom loops only make sense if you’re using top of the list components like a 3090 and a 5900X. Otherwise you’re leaving performance on the table by spending $1000 on cooling when you could have spent that money elsewhere and gotten better performing parts.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

I am going all out for out "TRYING" it get a 5900x  "trying to get a 3080" so i'm going full blow water cooling but i just want a kit so i don't have to take SOME much time ordering things i forgot to get you know what i mean? i'm a noob when it comes to water cooling but i want to give it a try:) only ways to learn is to do : ). thanks everyone for the import help you will see pic of the build next year because of there being no AMD chips and 3080 around, THATS NOT ON EBAY! 

No one should buy their items on EBAY ppl who do only make it worse. it's like why Spam works ppl click on it

8 hours ago, Fatty522 said:

I am going all out for out "TRYING" it get a 5900x  "trying to get a 3080" so i'm going full blow water cooling but i just want a kit so i don't have to take SOME much time ordering things i forgot to get you know what i mean? i'm a noob when it comes to water cooling but i want to give it a try:) only ways to learn is to do : ). thanks everyone for the import help you will see pic of the build next year because of there being no AMD chips and 3080 around, THATS NOT ON EBAY! 

No one should buy their items on EBAY ppl who do only make it worse. it's like why Spam works ppl click on it

Both Corsair and EKWB make full kits but be prepared to shell out some bucks for them.

I was hoping for more People to link sites and tell me what they fine helpful... i REALLY am in a lot need of help I'm, not going AIO. If i'm going to spend over 3000$USD then i want to have a bad ass Loop inside. I want it for my CPU and my GPU.  I know im a noob but i want it to be hard line TUBE im going full bore ahead!  So if ANYONE can drop some links to sites they like or drop some info they have found out the hard way that would help me out soooo much

PS.If Your ideas help me i'm going to get you to sine it and i'm going to print it onto the case!!!

I know its 6:47AM here on the EST but i was hopeing more ppl would be on-line : (😔

I recently built my first custom hardline loop and went full EKWB for everything and is a CPU & GPU loop. In terms of links, just have a look on https://www.ekwb.com/ and look through the shop, basically it's all plug and play apart from the (older?) "fluid gaming" components which I believe contained aluminum which doesn't mix well with the rest of their range.

All told I probably spend £500, and went with a 5700XT Strix to convert with a waterblock. Also only have a 2600 CPU currently but I was trying to get a 5900X at launch but that never happened so thought I'd build my loop and learn, as you say, so all I have to do now is drop in a new CPU when I can actually get one.

If you want to do it, do it, I wouldn't worry about what you're cooling. I personally put a lot of stock in the aesthetics of my PC and just really wanted a custom loop - I don't regret it at all, look great and performs well.

HTH

14 hours ago, Bouncewasp said:

I recently built my first custom hardline loop and went full EKWB for everything and is a CPU & GPU loop. In terms of links, just have a look on https://www.ekwb.com/ and look through the shop, basically it's all plug and play apart from the (older?) "fluid gaming" components which I believe contained aluminum which doesn't mix well with the rest of their range.

All told I probably spend £500, and went with a 5700XT Strix to convert with a waterblock. Also only have a 2600 CPU currently but I was trying to get a 5900X at launch but that never happened so thought I'd build my loop and learn, as you say, so all I have to do now is drop in a new CPU when I can actually get one.

If you want to do it, do it, I wouldn't worry about what you're cooling. I personally put a lot of stock in the aesthetics of my PC and just really wanted a custom loop - I don't regret it at all, look great and performs well.

HTH

Im going to coby your Avtar and name and put it on my compute tower : ) thank you for the info

SO i went shopping on https://www.ekwb.com/  and i love it! is there anything to stay away from? like junk you don't reality need? or everything on that site are g8 and cant go wrong..

11 hours ago, Fatty522 said:

I dont really think you can go too far wrong, like I said before I thi k it's best to avoid their "fluid gaming" range but I dont think they sell it anymore, at least in individual component form.

I went for all quantum range stuff, basically you need as a minimum a reservoir and pump (or a res/pump combo), a cpu block, gpu block and radiator. Then decide if you want hardline or soft tubing and get a load of fittings to suit. Also dont forget a valve and fitting/tube to make a drain from the lowest point.

My lessons learned are:

1. loads of people make a massive fuss about leaks and hard tubing being difficult etc. My opinion is it depends how practical you are, I've worked on cars and other mechanical things for years so found a hardline loop really not that difficult. Soft tubing would be a lot easier though, I just dont like the way it looks.

2. Buy extra fittings, I only bought regular "straight" fittings and could have done with a few more 90deg adaptors etc.

3. Make sure you have enough coolant - I'd say 1litre is likely enough for most cpu/gpu loops.

4. I'd recommend adding a coolant temp sensor too (assuming your mobo can take an external sensor).

5. Pick PETG or acrylic, I ended up using a mixture of the two and I cant tell the difference other than petg heated up a lot quicker. If going soft tubing this isnt applicable.

6. I used solid cryofuel coolant. Again everyone will bang on about how it's bad, it has sediment, it discolours. I'm a few months in using solid white and it still looks brand new.

7. Distilled water is a load of nonsense. You can rinse with tap water if you really need to, but I admit I went and got deionised water for a couple of quid just to be on the safe side.

If going hardline you will need a heat gun, set square or something similar to measure right angles etc. and for the sake of a couple of quid I got the psu bridge so you can fill it up without any power to your actual system. If it does leak, it wont matter.

I'll add a link to my build thread and you can see what I managed with my first attempt.

HTH buddy!