Upload speed issues

Okay so as crazy as it sounds, high speed WiFi is kinda new to me so bear with me here. My roommate and I have the exact same PCIe WiFi card as we unfortunately cannot use ethernet connections at our new house 😞 . Specifically its the TP-Link AX3000 (Archer TX50E). Our ISP is AT&T, and we are signed up for the 1,000 plan. Our connection is a symmetrical fiber optic connection, so our download and upload speeds should be roughly the same from what I understand. I am getting about around about 600-700 down (not the full speed but its WiFi so I obviously expected that), and about 500-600 up. This is completely acceptable for me. However, my roommate is getting around 400-600 down, and about 10-20 up. On his end its acting like a cable connection rather than a fiber connection. Again, we have the exact same card.

Here is his speedtest: 

unknown.png

And here is mine:

image.thumb.png.93849a09d738eeb16d75671464e99531.png

He has contacted TP Link about this and we have been through the ringer trying their troubleshooting. I had myself convinced he got a faulty card, but then we decided to switch them out and see if my PC suffered the same upload. To our surprise, it didn't. Which would lead me to believe that its something to do with his PC that's causing the slow upload, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it might be. His motherboard is the B450-F Asus ROG, which has gigabit LAN, but I didn't even think a mobo would even matter here as it's a WiFi connection. We disabled his firewall already, and that boosted the speed, but only by about 2-5 mbps. I can provide any additional information as needed. Before anyone asks, yes the drivers are up to date, and I have uninstalled them and re-installed them several times at this point. We have also tried resetting our internet connection several times.  

33 minutes ago, Kramer612 said:

Okay so as crazy as it sounds, high speed WiFi is kinda new to me so bear with me here. My roommate and I have the exact same PCIe WiFi card as we unfortunately cannot use ethernet connections at our new house 😞 . Specifically its the TP-Link AX3000 (Archer TX50E). Our ISP is AT&T, and we are signed up for the 1,000 plan. Our connection is a symmetrical fiber optic connection, so our download and upload speeds should be roughly the same from what I understand. I am getting about around about 600-700 down (not the full speed but its WiFi so I obviously expected that), and about 500-600 up. This is completely acceptable for me. However, my roommate is getting around 400-600 down, and about 10-20 up. On his end its acting like a cable connection rather than a fiber connection. Again, we have the exact same card.

Here is his speedtest: 

And here is mine:

He has contacted TP Link about this and we have been through the ringer trying their troubleshooting. I had myself convinced he got a faulty card, but then we decided to switch them out and see if my PC suffered the same upload. To our surprise, it didn't. Which would lead me to believe that its something to do with his PC that's causing the slow upload, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it might be. His motherboard is the B450-F Asus ROG, which has gigabit LAN, but I didn't even think a mobo would even matter here as it's a WiFi connection. We disabled his firewall already, and that boosted the speed, but only by about 2-5 mbps. I can provide any additional information as needed. Before anyone asks, yes the drivers are up to date, and I have uninstalled them and re-installed them several times at this point. We have also tried resetting our internet connection several times.  

Here give this a go. I love this little program. 

Run it as admin, Slide the speed slider to the right., Select the network adaptor your wanting to work with.
At the bottom select optimal and hit apply changes.

Go to advanced settings and select optimal and apply changes at the bottom.

Might have to restart after this but usually just takes affect.

See if this helps.

https://www.speedguide.net/files/TCPOptimizer.exe

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

5 hours ago, ddennis002 said:

Here give this a go. I love this little program. 

Run it as admin, Slide the speed slider to the right., Select the network adaptor your wanting to work with.
At the bottom select optimal and hit apply changes.

Go to advanced settings and select optimal and apply changes at the bottom.

Might have to restart after this but usually just takes affect.

See if this helps.

https://www.speedguide.net/files/TCPOptimizer.exe

Thank you for the help. I downloaded this onto his rig and tried it several times. It did boost the speed a bit on the upload side, but again not even close the the speed it should be as he was still only getting around 20-28 up. I had myself convinced it was either a faulty card, and/or driver issue, but after checking all of that several times I am lost here. Settings all seem to be in order as well as its connecting to the 5 GHz band and detecting the WiFi 6 capability of the router. 

Here are the properties for his connection (identical to mine). 

unknown.png

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. 

• 8 months later...

@Kramer612 I know this is an old thread but wanted to check if you ever managed to resolve this issue? I also got a archer tx3000e recently and have the same problem (download >500, upload ~5). I tried everything that was recommended but to no avail. Any tips on how you resolved the issue?