Sound put to 100 when launching games?

cookiethecrumb

Hey guys, for some games I have set their volume in volume mixer to 25 (Windows 10 PC) however when ever I launch these games it jumps right back to 100 and blows off my ears every time the game opens. The main games right now are COD cold war and Modern warfare thanks for any help!

-> Moved to Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 hours ago, cookiethecrumb said:

Hey guys, for some games I have set their volume in volume mixer to 25 (Windows 10 PC) however when ever I launch these games it jumps right back to 100 and blows off my ears every time the game opens. The main games right now are COD cold war and Modern warfare thanks for any help!

From what I remember new programs will always default to 100% of the main volume slider. If you run the program and close it windows will remember the volume level you set for that specific program.

For whatever reason microsoft decided to store them under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore  

If Windows isn't remembering volume settings for each app you most likely need to stop the audio service and delete this key then recreate it.

@ECHO OFF

ECHO Reset Volume Mixer Settings...

NET STOP Audiosrv
NET STOP AudioEndpointBuilder

REG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore" /F
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore"

NET START Audiosrv

Here's a .bat file to do it automatically from Per4u3e on the microsoft forum.

Create a backup or restore point first.