Gaming PC help!

K.O

Budget (including currency):1200-1300 CAD 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Video games(cyberpunk, rdr 2, etc)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello guys

So boxing day is coming up, and I'm thinking about upgrading my current pc

My budget is around 1200 CAD, without graphic card(decided to buy 3070, but still thinking about what brand  is the best for me, if you have any suggestions, please feel free to help me out), no monitors needed, and the computer is mostly for gaming(some video editing but not that much). Thank you!

3 minutes ago, K.O said:

My budget is around 1200 CAD

That's what? About 3.25$ in real world money? 🤪

I kid, I kid, I love Canada, been many times.

Here's the thing, buying a video card right now is just begging to be ripped off. All the new stuff (at least in USALand) is out of stock, and what is available, is priced several hundred percent over MSRP.

LTT is firmly in the AMD Ryzen camp and will get their knickers in a twist is anyone even mentions the word "Intel" as a viable CPU choice. 

I can tell you this, however, Ryzen CPUs are fussy about RAM speeds and brands. They benefit from faster RAM, so there's that.

I'm sure someone will come along to tell you which Ryzen system is best, but if memory serves me right, the B450/B550 chipsets are the most feature rich and stable.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I recommend this:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/h2xXYg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  $300
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  $89.90
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M BAZOOKA Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  $124.99 
Memory: G.Skill Flare X Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL14 Memory ($102.99  
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  $62.99  
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  $94.99 
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  $109.99 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  $134.99 
Total: $1020.84

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's what? About 3.25$ in real world money? 🤪

I kid, I kid, I love Canada, been many times.

Here's the thing, buying a video card right now is just begging to be ripped off. All the new stuff (at least in USALand) is out of stock, and what is available, is priced several hundred percent over MSRP.

LTT is firmly in the AMD Ryzen camp and will get their knickers in a twist is anyone even mentions the word "Intel" as a viable CPU choice. 

I can tell you this, however, Ryzen CPUs are fussy about RAM speeds and brands. They benefit from faster RAM, so there's that.

I'm sure someone will come along to tell you which Ryzen system is best, but if memory serves me right, the B450/B550 chipsets are the most feature rich and stable.

Well its  pretty much the same thing over here, almost 90% of the video card is sold out, so i'm waiting to see if they're going to restock. Anyways, thank you for the help!

Just now, K.O said:

Well its  pretty much the same thing over here, almost 90% of the video card is sold out, so i'm waiting to see if they're going to restock. Anyways, thank you for the help!

@Snarky has a great build for you, the only thing, personally, I'd change is the G.Skill RAM.

It's probably just me, but I've had *terrible* experiences with G.Skill RAM, and flatly refuse to use them. I'd rather go with Crucial, Kingston or Corsair, but as long as you buy new, you'll get a warranty so that's a good thing.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

@Snarky has a great build for you, the only thing, personally, I'd change is the G.Skill RAM.

It's probably just me, but I've had *terrible* experiences with G.Skill RAM, and flatly refuse to use them. I'd rather go with Crucial, Kingston or Corsair, but as long as you buy new, you'll get a warranty so that's a good thing.

Thanks!!

12 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I recommend this:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/h2xXYg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  $300
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  $89.90
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M BAZOOKA Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  $124.99 
Memory: G.Skill Flare X Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL14 Memory ($102.99  
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  $62.99  
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  $94.99 
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  $109.99 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  $134.99 
Total: $1020.84

18 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Appreciate for the helping me out!

still looking for other options too, feel free to comment on anything!