Help Identifying CPU Cooler

MPXenon
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Probably R1 Ultimate without second fan 6083_29_cryorig_r1_ultimate_cpu_cooler_r

Cryorig only has 2 dual tower coolers, R1 Ultimate and R1 Universal.

So I've been looking for months now at upgrading my CPU, and was intending to be switching from Intel to AMD for this round.

I've been hoping to retain my CPU cooler, as from the temperatures I've been seeing am pretty sure it's a decent air cooler.

However because I bought the system already built and second-hand, with none of the packaging/accessories or really anything besides what came in the case, I am not really sure what cooler it is.

Is anyone able to identify my cooler from the photo's below? Is attached to an i5-6600k if that helps age it at all?

From logos I'll tentatively say it's a Cryorig Cooler (though if it was a clone/copy/counterfeit I'd have no idea either)? From some searching it looks a *bit* like an R1 Ultimate with one fan missing but am far from confident? It could easily be something older and discontinued instead.

Similarly I don't know if it would require an adapter or the like to work with an AM4 socket motherboard, bit I do know for certain that if it does then I don't have it!

Does anyone know if I would need an adapter and/or different screws? The only thing I've managed to find online is this;

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cryorig-am4-bracket-for-r1-coolers-type-ar-hs-00w-cy.html

IMG_20201211_140311.jpg

IMG_20201211_140331.jpg

It is definitely a Cryoring, but which one I don't know. If you really like the cooler, get the bracket that fits and you will be good to go. My recommendation is going with the stock AMD wraith prism cooler, as it should have the same performance and it is made for the AM4 boards. Temps should be just as good. 

13 minutes ago, penguin1 said:

stock AMD wraith prism cooler, as it should have the same performance

no, the cooler OP has is much better than the stock AMD cooler, if OP manages to get the right mounting brackets for it.

Probably R1 Ultimate without second fan 6083_29_cryorig_r1_ultimate_cpu_cooler_r

Cryorig only has 2 dual tower coolers, R1 Ultimate and R1 Universal.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv