Deepcool Assassin III height and clearance

SheldoR
Go to solution Solved by DeepCool zer0,
7 hours ago, SheldoR said:

I have been looking at combining the Deepcool Assassin III with my Corsair 275R Airflow, Asus Tuf B46P Pro WiFi, Intel Core i5 10600, and Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8gb 2666mhz.

The case claims maximum CPU cooler height of 170mm.  The RAM seems to be 34.1mm.

Deepcool claim the Assassin III to have "165mm height and 54mm RAM clearance."  I guessed this to in fact be 165mm height OR 54mm RAM clearance, with misleading advertising.  This would be fine, as if I account for raising the fans 3.1mm from their apparent base height of 31mm, it still allows 1.9mm gap between the cooler and the glass case side panel (is that cutting it too fine?  Please tell me if it is).  I do encounter an issue however, as some reviews say this cooler is in fact 170mm.  Can anybody tell me what the actual height is?  5mm is a significant innacuracy for the specification if 170mm is true.

Does anybody have one they can check?  Can anybody explain the discrepancy?

Hello,

The height of the cooler in its standard configuration is 165mm. I guess the RAM clearance statement could be a little clearer by stating it is the "Maximum Height Clearance for RAM Modules". We do have an entry in our Knowledge Base/ FAQs that clears this up.

image.png.8dff5e352d75de5365b6ae80b1867679.png

The height of the Assassin III is in fact 165mm.

image.thumb.png.36a0203a0183dc2db9a798678e5d327f.png

I hope this answers your question.

DeepCool Support

I have been looking at combining the Deepcool Assassin III with my Corsair 275R Airflow, Asus Tuf B46P Pro WiFi, Intel Core i5 10600, and Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8gb 2666mhz.

The case claims maximum CPU cooler height of 170mm.  The RAM seems to be 34.1mm.

Deepcool claim the Assassin III to have "165mm height and 54mm RAM clearance."  I guessed this to in fact be 165mm height OR 54mm RAM clearance, with misleading advertising.  This would be fine, as if I account for raising the fans 3.1mm from their apparent base height of 31mm, it still allows 1.9mm gap between the cooler and the glass case side panel (is that cutting it too fine?  Please tell me if it is).  I do encounter an issue however, as some reviews say this cooler is in fact 170mm.  Can anybody tell me what the actual height is?  5mm is a significant innacuracy for the specification if 170mm is true.

That cooler is overkill for a locked i5 cpu. You would be more than fine with something like an Arctic Freezer 34 esports/duo. I know that isn't what you asked, but it seems a waste to spend more than you need to.

7 hours ago, SheldoR said:

Hello,

The height of the cooler in its standard configuration is 165mm. I guess the RAM clearance statement could be a little clearer by stating it is the "Maximum Height Clearance for RAM Modules". We do have an entry in our Knowledge Base/ FAQs that clears this up.

DeepCool Support

4 hours ago, lee32uk said:

That cooler is overkill for a locked i5 cpu. You would be more than fine with something like an Arctic Freezer 34 esports/duo. I know that isn't what you asked, but it seems a waste to spend more than you need to.

I know I know haha.  But I intend the cooler to come with me on future builds, plus I want to keep everything as cool as possible cause I believe in equipment lasting a long  time.

2 hours ago, DeepCool zer0 said:

Hello,

DeepCool Support

That absolutely answers my question, thank you :)