Purpose-based alternative buyers guide!

and you say that intel isnt a extreme cpu and yet you recommend one for a "extreme" build.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

also amd runs hotter and uses more power so i wouldnt say its a fix all i think amd is MUCH better on the lower price tier (apu and the likes) but intel is much better for HIGH end builds.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Your English is very good considering it is a second language

Dutch and Afrikaans share many similar grammatical clauses as English. His English is damn awesome!

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

a lot of times people are correct but there are a few that are wrong. and i dont think its fair to say no one knows what they are talking about but you do. idk maybe i read wrong or maybe your sentence got messed up but that is kinda messed up. true people make mistakes but usually some one else will correct them. again maybe i read wrong and if i did im sorry but that seems very unfair to the people on the forum who DO know what they are talking about.

and you say that intel isnt a extreme cpu and yet you recommend one for a "extreme" build.

also amd runs hotter and uses more power so i wouldnt say its a fix all i think amd is MUCH better on the lower price tier (apu and the likes) but intel is much better for HIGH end builds.

Dude, there you already go, that' the biased thing about Intel, It IS fast, no doubt about that, but in games the FX 8350 wins 9 times out of 10 in games with a significant amount of frames per second.

I know what I'm talking about, I'm studying computer science (headed towards different technologies where hardware and software cooperate, and I really know what I'm talking about.

I don't start a topic/subforum when I don't know shit about the subject, I just don't do that.

For example; I wouldn't START a topic about dSLR camera's, because I don't know shit about it, just a little, but I really want to learn more about photography and handling dSLR's and lenses 'n stuff!

*What is your budget, how much can you stretch and what is the absolute maximum amlut of money you want to spend on your new computer?! (I want 2 options, one WITH and WITHOUT peripherals, so I can build up a better balance between both)* $1600 without peripherals except 2x23inch monitors (I already have good keyboard and mouse)

*What will the purpose of the computer be that you are planning to buy? 2 main things, gaming and programming (many languges for software engineering at uni). Also look good

*What are you planningwith your computer, looking in a 3 to 5 year perspective? programming, gaming

*What does the computer HAVE to do? as above, and i want it to be fast.

*What does the computer NOT have to do? Rendering or video edit, or audio editing

*What are your minimum and maximum demands for the computer to do properly?! (What features can be unattended and what features totally NOT?) easy

*How long does the computer have to last?

And how do you want to be replied?

I5-4670k @ 4.2ghz With Thermaltake C5 Push/Pull | 8Gb G.Skill Trident series @1600mhz Msi Z87A-G45 Gaming Edition | ASUS GTX 770 GPU | Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 750W | Samsung 840pro 128gb SSD | WD Green 2Tb |  2X 23" Philips M4238C1CWWT (IPS & Thin Bezel) Monitors

*What are your minimum and maximum demands for the computer to do properly?! (What features can be unattended and what features totally NOT?) easy to upgrade when I have more funds.

*How long does the computer have to last? No upgrades for 18 months, gradually after that

And how do you want to be replied? Here

I5-4670k @ 4.2ghz With Thermaltake C5 Push/Pull | 8Gb G.Skill Trident series @1600mhz Msi Z87A-G45 Gaming Edition | ASUS GTX 770 GPU | Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 750W | Samsung 840pro 128gb SSD | WD Green 2Tb |  2X 23" Philips M4238C1CWWT (IPS & Thin Bezel) Monitors