[COMPLETE] No Post Guide

Reconciliasion

If your computer is not posting there is a number of factors that may be holding it back - a post is a (Power On Self Test)

• The BIOS verifies RAM.
  • It checks for a keyboard and mouse.
  • It looks for a PCI bus and then checks the cards that are installed.
  • The system information is then displayed on the screen.

You can work your way through the parts or try from the list below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hopefully this will become a sticky! :-)

CPU

Make sure the 4-pin motherboard connecter is plugged in

Make sure the CPU heatsink fan is plugged in

Resetting CMOS

Many No POST failures are caused by your computer's CMOS settings being corrupt

Resetting the CMOS to defaults will cure this, and possibly allow your computer to POST

By reading your computer's or motherboard's Manual (discussed further down this page)

Locate the CMOS battery and/or the "reset CMOS jumper" on your motherboard

Following the reset CMOS procedure (usually shorting two pins, with CMOS battery out)

Your CMOS settings will be reset, hopefully allowing your computer to startup (or POST)

RAM

Try booting with only one stick of RAM, still dont work? try the other

Connections

You can remove all drive data cables

Unplug case fans from the PSU

Display

Re-seat the GPU

Try a new HDMI/DVI cable you know is definately working

Remove GPU altogether and boot using motherboards onboard VGA

Dust

Dust can conduct electricity. Dust and debris, is usually the biggest factor on computers that will not start. Using High compressed air, or a vacuum cleaner, remove all dust from the computer. With special attention on all Fans; the CPU; the Ram; and the Power Supply Unit

PSU

Just because some lights come on, does not mean your Power Supply is working properly.

Ensure the PSU works by testing in another unit.

Something to add: Populate the DIMM slots in the correct order with your RAM.

This once caused my computer to not POST.

Check your motherboards manual for DIMM slot order, or see if the motherboard has the DIMM slot number on it already.

Feel free to ask me for any advice, and I may ask for yours too. I'm an otaku. =)
Steam: hiddenshadow8

Check your motherboards manual for DIMM slot order, or see if the motherboard has the DIMM slot number on it already.

your feedback is appreciated - I dont know how to edit my original post - or else I would :') and add your info! Thanks though.

Also check your IC's on the motherboard. Especially if there are removable ones. My motherboard was shipped with the two legs of the IC jumping into one socket. Best tools are Patience, process of elimination, observation and This forum! :-D

i5 3570K (4.5Ghz OC)|4x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance pro|Zotac GTX 980 Amp! Extreme Edition|Asus p8Z77M-pro|Raidmax 500 80+Br| 128GB Kingston Now SSD|2x1TB Western Digital Blue| Artic White Define R4|Corsair H60 cooler|CM Storm Quickfire MX BLUE| White Corsair M65

I feel like these should be listed in progressive order from most common problems to the least and most drastic solutions, because an unseated RAM module or graphics card is the cause for a lot of failed POST tests; that or an unplugged CPU 4pin

Firstly copy your whole post, then click edit at the bottom of the post. Now paste in the copy and edit what you need, click save. Done :)

Feel free to ask me for any advice, and I may ask for yours too. I'm an otaku. =)
Steam: hiddenshadow8

I'd try to stay away from a vacuum cleaner for cleaning PCs due to the static electricty the can create/transfer. Though I think the DataVac is suppose to not has ESD.

This comes to mind

Right clock > copy image location and paste in URL bar if the image's too small.

rvizv9.png

that things huge!

not to mention becomes pixelated when you zoom in an im on a 1000p resolution...