computer stack for 2 minutes on the MB logo when booting up

dviryadai

i've recently updated my system with ryzen 5 3600, b450 aorus elite, samsung 970 evo 500gb and antec 750w hcg.

since then every time that i turn on my computer its stuck on the motherbourd logo for about 2 minutes and then enter to the windows.

i've already reset CMOS, and change the fast boot option in the bios to enable.

what do you think is the problem?

Can you access the BIOS during that time or do you also have to wait for that to be accessible?

Is it a fresh install of Windows 10?

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |聽聽GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC |聽Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0聽 Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

6 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Can you access the BIOS during that time or do you also have to wait for that to be accessible?

聽i need to wait.

4 minutes ago, Gazereths said:

Is it a fresh install of Windows 10?

no, i have another ssd from the old pc that already have win 10.

5 minutes ago, dviryadai said:

聽i need to wait.

Should be an issue that comes up during聽POST then. (power on self test).

But to be sure, I recommend you disconnect your drive and see what happens. It should throw you right into the BIOS without having to wait, when it's disconnected.

If it doesn't, you can be sure that something is wrong with your hardware. At this point I'd take out all RAM sticks apart from one and see what happens. It's most likely some RAM compatibillity issue.

Just now, Senzelian said:

Should be an issue during the POST then. (power on self test).

But to be sure, I recommend you disconnect your drive and see what happens. It should throw you right into the BIOS without having to wait, when it's disconnected.

If it doesn't, you can be sure that something is wrong with your hardware. At this point I'd take out all RAM sticks apart from one and see what happens. It's most likely some RAM compatibillity issue.

so what to do first, boot up without the old ssd? or take one ram stick out?

5 minutes ago, dviryadai said:

so what to do first, boot up without the old ssd? or take one ram stick out?

Take out the drive and turn the PC on.

At this point it should throw you into the bios basically instantly, because it can't find a boot device. Or at least tell you that and you can then press a key to enter the bios.

What you want to see is, whether anything changes or not.

If nothing changed and you still have to wait for an eternity, then turn of the machine again, and take out RAM sticks and try different slots.

I'm really hoping for the issue to be fixed at this point, but if it isn't, then there's either an issue with another piece of hardware or maybe, just maybe, a bios update will fix it. But leave the bios update for last.

Try unplugging the old SSD and see if you can get to the bios quicker first. If it's the same remove all ram and then put a single stick back in the first slot and try to boot again.

What brand/speed of ram do you have BTW?

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |聽聽GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC |聽Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0聽 Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

58 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Take out the drive and turn the PC on.

At this point it should throw you into the bios basically instantly, because it can't find a boot device. Or at least tell you that and you can then press a key to enter the bios.

What you want to see is, whether anything changes or not.

If nothing changed and you still have to wait for an eternity, then turn of the machine again, and take out RAM sticks and try different slots.

I'm really hoping for the issue to be fixed at this point, but if it isn't, then there's either an issue with another piece of hardware or maybe, just maybe, a bios update will fix it. But leave the bios update for last.

58 minutes ago, Gazereths said:

Try unplugging the old SSD and see if you can get to the bios quicker first. If it's the same remove all ram and then put a single stick back in the first slot and try to boot again.

What brand/speed of ram do you have BTW?

i turned off my computer and unplug my old ssd, then i tried to boot up and it didnt stuck on the MB logo.

so i plug again the old ssd and restart my computer and it seems that solved the problem! it didnt stuck on the MB logo.

thank you for your help!

Just now, dviryadai said:

i turned off my computer and unplug my old ssd, then i tried to boot up and it didnt stuck on the MB logo.

so i plug again the old ssd and restart my computer and it seems that solved the problem! it didnt stuck on the MB logo.

thank you for your help!

No probs glad you got it sorted, not exactly sure why that worked but heyho :D