M.2 SSD Trouble

noname_9990

The motherboard in my daily driver PC went kaput. I have a temp motherboard while I am awaiting the RMA. I transferred all of my other components onto the temp board, which is a MSI B550 gaming plus. I am attempting to boot off of a Samsung 970 evo. The BIOS detects taht the drive is installed, but it will not allow me to select it a a boot option. The drive already has Windows installed on it. It transferred the drive to my mom's PC (which I'm building for her Christmas present when I visit her this winter), and was able to boot off it just fine using an ASUS motherboard. However, the MSI board will not let me boot from the M.2 SD. I have a hard drive which I boot from, and I can access files on the 970 Evo when booted from the hard drive. I set the boot mode to UEFI from CSM, but that did nothing. Can someone who is familiar with MSI BIOS help me out?

system components are Ryzen 3950X, RTX 3090, G-skill 64 Trident-Z 3600 - 64GB, current hard drive is WD Gold 12 TB. Samsung 970 Evo 2TB is also installed