Sharing mouse and keyboard through software.

epikgamerwmp

What is the best was you share a single mouse and keyboard between computers with software.

I know someone who needs to share a single mouse and keyboard between two machines because of space issues. They currently have a KVM switch to handle it, but have issues with remembering that then need to press the button to switch machines. (also, the switch may have broken, they say it only works on one machine)

For their use case, a software solution that they don't have to touch would be best.

What are these for?

9 minutes ago, epikgamerwmp said:

What is the best was you share a single mouse and keyboard between computers with software.

No idea about the best, but LTT-videos often have an ad for Synergy: https://symless.com/synergy

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

10 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

No idea about the best, but LTT-videos often have an ad for Synergy: https://symless.com/synergy

I love this software, I use it everyday and it's awesome to use between even different OSs.

That being said.................. The company has done a very poor job with the Synergy2 development. In general it's kind of difficult to set up sometimes with the correct version and make sure everything is working properly... also sometimes you might need to restart the service to get it to react...

But generally speaking when it's all set up and working, it works like a charm, just like having a third or fourth monitor connected... It's seemless. I love it and recommend it.

Be aware of the caveats I've mentioned tho.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE