HIGH CPU USAGE

Yo.In the past three months i noticed random fps drops that didnt happen before,and i realized that my CPU usage is extremely high whenever the drops happen (like 80-100).

I dont think that there is a CPU bottleneck or throttling.Also my laptop is a year old.

My specs are:GPU-Geforce gtx 1060 6gb

CPU-Intel core i7-8750H

Any type of help would help at this point cause gaming became unbearable.

thermals

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

3 hours ago, ImmaRageQuitFromLife said:

I don't think that there is a CPU bottleneck or throttling.

When running at default specs, all laptops with 8750H CPUs are designed to power limit throttle. The 45W TDP limit is not enough to get full performance out of this CPU. If the power limits are left unlocked, these CPUs will run faster but they will likely overheat and thermal throttle. Most laptops use a combination of these two throttling methods. 

3 hours ago, ImmaRageQuitFromLife said:

my laptop is a year old

The 8750H was first released almost 3 years ago. Your laptop might be older than you realize. For consistent performance, gaming oriented laptops need regular maintenance. Opening your laptop up to blow the dust and dirt out of the heatsink and fan are the minimum amount of maintenance one should be doing. Many enthusiasts also replace the thermal paste between the heatsink and CPU / GPU.

For high CPU usage problems, when idle, open the Resource Monitor and organize your running tasks by CPU usage. Do you see anything near the top of that list that is using up too many CPU cycles? What antivirus program are you using? Some programs are terrible and end up putting a lot of unnecessary load on a computer which can interfere with smooth game play.

Try running Cinebench R20.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/maxon-cinebench/

In a properly functioning laptop, an 8750H can score over 3000 points in this test. Many laptops fall far short in this benchmark.

17 hours ago, unclewebb said:

When running at default specs, all laptops with 8750H CPUs are designed to power limit throttle. The 45W TDP limit is not enough to get full performance out of this CPU. If the power limits are left unlocked, these CPUs will run faster but they will likely overheat and thermal throttle. Most laptops use a combination of these two throttling methods. 

The 8750H was first released almost 3 years ago. Your laptop might be older than you realize. For consistent performance, gaming oriented laptops need regular maintenance. Opening your laptop up to blow the dust and dirt out of the heatsink and fan are the minimum amount of maintenance one should be doing. Many enthusiasts also replace the thermal paste between the heatsink and CPU / GPU.

For high CPU usage problems, when idle, open the Resource Monitor and organize your running tasks by CPU usage. Do you see anything near the top of that list that is using up too many CPU cycles? What antivirus program are you using? Some programs are terrible and end up putting a lot of unnecessary load on a computer which can interfere with smooth game play.

In a properly functioning laptop, an 8750H can score over 3000 points in this test. Many laptops fall far short in this benchmark.

Well I do maintain my laptop pretty well,also I tried running Cinebench and I only got a score of 2178.

17 hours ago, unclewebb said:

Oh and about the Resource Monitor,the only thing that is near the top is the game that  I play,lets set apex legends as an example,it tends to go up to 90% which isnt normal as far as i know