My GPU constantly produces this noise

LightningMachine
Go to solution Solved by DoctorNick,
4 minutes ago, LightningMachine said:

Okay, I currently have "Aorus Engine" installed, will MSI Afterburner not interfere with this? To what should I adjust the fan curve and how can I flash a different bios to the GPU? 

You can set the fan curve in aorus engine as well. Just do that to start with. If this dosen't work, maybe consider the BIOS flashing. But There is always a risk, when doing so. You have to 100% sure that it works with your GPU. If you use aorus engine anyways, then I would just do that. Adjust it either higher or lower than what's already set. The reason why the fan is stopping and starting is because the gpu hits the temperature that the fans are set to start spinning. 

https://youtu.be/Hz-R1cS1B08

So, when my PC is idling (either browser or just doing nothing) my GPU tends to create an unusual and (after a while) very annoying sound. I discovered it was the sound of two of the three fans of my GPU because I suddenly noticed that these fans constanly start-stop spinning every five to ten seconds.

Looking around Google I notice that some people also have similar problems and responses seem to lean towards the RAM not being installed correctly or that the BIOS needs to be updated but I'm unsure how accurate this is.

I don't know if listing my full specs here is useful, but for the record:

CPU Intel i7-6700K

MOBO Z170A KRAIT GAMING

GPU Gigabyte GTX 1080

RAM HyperX Fury DDR4 16GB

PSU Corsair GS800

You could download MSI afterburner or EVGA Precision Xoc and adjust the fan curve or flash a different bios to the GPU.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

You could download MSI afterburner or EVGA Precision Xoc and adjust the fan curve or flash a different bios to the GPU.

Okay, I currently have "Aorus Engine" installed, will MSI Afterburner not interfere with this? To what should I adjust the fan curve and how can I flash a different bios to the GPU? 

4 minutes ago, LightningMachine said:

You can set the fan curve in aorus engine as well. Just do that to start with. If this dosen't work, maybe consider the BIOS flashing. But There is always a risk, when doing so. You have to 100% sure that it works with your GPU. If you use aorus engine anyways, then I would just do that. Adjust it either higher or lower than what's already set. The reason why the fan is stopping and starting is because the gpu hits the temperature that the fans are set to start spinning. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

27 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

The fan curve can't be changed in AORUS Engine. I'll try MSI Afterburner. 

image.thumb.png.8e4b24c04e06e546332dfbb7dd74cecd.png

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

I found it! I found MSI Afterburner far easier to use than AORUS Engine and it completely fixed this very silly, but annoying issue with the sound my fans made. 

Is it safe to uninstall AORUS Engine and rely on MSI Afterburner now?

Thank you very, very much for your help!