OBS game lag?

RhymeGG

Hey, Looking for some help with OBS making my games lag, I run all my games at a good 140fps+, but it doesn't 'feel' like the 144hz I normally run. I stream @ 1080p 60fps and sometimes its fine and it feels good. But sometimes it feels laggy. Hoping to get some help tonight. Thanks

Probably frame rate fluctuations or stuttering. Do you have an Nvidia GPU and do you use GPU (Nvenc or AMD video encoder) or CPU (x264) encoding?

1 minute ago, Daniel Z. said:

Probably frame rate fluctuations or stuttering. Do you have an Nvidia GPU and do you use GPU (Nvenc or AMD video encoder) or CPU (x264) encoding?

RTX 2060 and NVENC

If it's consistent stuttering, as in it happens all the time, there's a good chance that it's the OBS config file is corrupt. This often happens if it or your PC crashes. But if it's only happening once in a while...that's possibly a driver issue or something else.

Is it just with game fps, not stream fps or frame drops? Have you checked what hardware usage looks like while streaming/recording?

Also, since "lag" is usually network-related term, and not necessarily hardware related, do you sing issues with ping?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Is it just with game fps, not stream fps or frame drops? Have you checked what hardware usage looks like while streaming/recording?

Also, since "lag" is usually network-related term, and not necessarily hardware related, do you sing issues with ping?

My game shows that I'm running consistent 130-140, But it feels like I'm almost on 60hz while streaming. But my stream also looks perfect 60fps. and hardware usage is around 2-4% on CPU, and 30-50% on GPU. But I'm assuming that's just using the Nvenc encoder on it. Also have no issues with ping, I'm wired connection to GB internet and most games I have 20-30 ping

13 hours ago, Holiday said:

If it's consistent stuttering, as in it happens all the time, there's a good chance that it's the OBS config file is corrupt. This often happens if it or your PC crashes. But if it's only happening once in a while...that's possibly a driver issue or something else.

I have the latest drivers. Is there a issue with the newest Nvidia Drivers?

1 hour ago, RhymeGG said:

My game shows that I'm running consistent 130-140, But it feels like I'm almost on 60hz while streaming. But my stream also looks perfect 60fps. and hardware usage is around 2-4% on CPU, and 30-50% on GPU. But I'm assuming that's just using the Nvenc encoder on it. Also have no issues with ping, I'm wired connection to GB internet and most games I have 20-30 ping

28 minutes ago, RhymeGG said:

I have the latest drivers. Is there a issue with the newest Nvidia Drivers?

Your GPU usage is lower than what I would expect. Like it should be closer to 80%.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

31 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Your GPU usage is lower than what I would expect. Like it should be closer to 80%.

The highest I saw it reach was around 50-60%, Streaming Cold war @ 1080p 60fps. Do you know any possible fixes or troubleshooting routes for this?

34 minutes ago, RhymeGG said:

The highest I saw it reach was around 50-60%, Streaming Cold war @ 1080p 60fps. Do you know any possible fixes or troubleshooting routes for this?

Drivers usually fix it. Or chaging game settings. But since you definetly aren't CPU bottlenecked there, I'm not sure chaging settings will actually do anything.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Drivers usually fix it. Or chaging game settings. But since you definetly aren't CPU bottlenecked there, I'm not sure chaging settings will actually do anything.

Alright, I'll try and go to the older drivers

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

I also get this somewhat often. Not sure if its on my end or COD's endimage.thumb.png.7548b7e9915b8df917eb81c300279fe2.png

Does this strictly only do this while you are playing Cold War or is it something that happens with other games that you stream?

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁