Dual monitor lower fps??

Kairu
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
2 minutes ago, Kairu said:

The only problem with that is my 2nd monitor doesnt have a DVI port, I'll try to get a VGA to DVI cable, on the other hand would that cable lead to any performance dips? Thanks for the reply btw.

If your GPU as DVI-I, get a DVI-I to VGA and it will work fine. If it only has DVI-D, you'll need an active converter to go from DVI-D to VGA.

Neither a DVI-I to VGA cable or DVI-D to VGA converter will lead to any performance dips. 

So I have added a 2nd monitor (1280x1024 60Hz) to my igpu using a VGA cable, my main monitor's a 1080p 60Hz and while I was streaming earlier I noticed that I have lower fps than usual, could there be a possible fix to this?
The average fps I got while streaming Apex Legends was around 80-90 but now I only gey 40-60 and not passing that. 

My specs are:
i5 6400

16gb ram 8x2

GTX1650Super

Samsung 22" 1080p60Hz (Main Display)

HP Compaq LE1711 1024p60Hz (Secondary Display)

It could be due to some processes being assigned to the iGPU, limiting FPS. I've had many issues with performance when running additional monitors off of an iGPU as programs sometimes assign it priority over the dGPU.

I'd disable the iGPU and run the other monitor off the GPU. It shouldn't lower the FPS by anything measurable. 

28 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It could be due to some processes being assigned to the iGPU, limiting FPS. I've had many issues with performance when running additional monitors off of an iGPU as programs sometimes assign it priority over the dGPU.

I'd disable the iGPU and run the other monitor off the GPU. It shouldn't lower the FPS by anything measurable. 

The only problem with that is my 2nd monitor doesnt have a DVI port, I'll try to get a VGA to DVI cable, on the other hand would that cable lead to any performance dips? Thanks for the reply btw.

2 minutes ago, Kairu said:

If your GPU as DVI-I, get a DVI-I to VGA and it will work fine. If it only has DVI-D, you'll need an active converter to go from DVI-D to VGA.

Neither a DVI-I to VGA cable or DVI-D to VGA converter will lead to any performance dips.