Difference between Input Voltage 200-240Vac vs 100-240V

Semprot60

Hi, I'm from Indonesia. 
Need guide to buy decent PSU for my Ryzen 5 3600 paired with Rx 580.
I found 2 best in my local store, but there is a different voltage input, both are from Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 have 5 years warranty compared to Be Quiet U9 only 3 years within same price. 

One that make me really confused is from specs shown Input Voltage 200-240Vac and 100-240V. 

Take a look here 
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/mwe-series/mwe-550-bronze-v2-230v/
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/mwe-series/mwe-550-bronze-v2/

Then, my question is which better? 
I'm affraid if those 230v version which have only Input Voltage 200-240Vac when my home electricity have below 200v it will unstable for my PC hardware. 
I dont have any plan to buy any UPS/Voltage Stabilizer yet, and my home electricity sometime unstable drop below 220v standard. 

The standard voltage of your country is 230 V from what I have checked I dunno if you face voltage fluctuations and if it ever goes under 200 V so I would recommend getting the 100-240 V one

7 hours ago, Semprot60 said:

Input Voltage 200-240Vac and 100-240V. 

A modern power supply is essentially a DC-DC converter. Therefore it first rectifies the AC power from the wall into DC, before it can work its magic.

The nice thing about such a converter, is that it can take a whole range of input voltages, and still output a constant 12V for your PC components. It doesn't matter if you feed 100V, or 250V into it, it'll be able to adapt itself so that the output remains exactly 12V.

However, that's only in theory. Because although it can take say 100V, and convert it to 12V, you have to realise that at 100V, the current will be much greater than at 250V

(because power = voltage x current, fewer volts = more amps)

Therefore, if you want the supply to operate at low voltages (100-200V) the primary part of the power supply will have to withstand more current, and has to be made of more expensive parts.

A cheaper power supply might use cheaper parts in the primary side, which is why it will only be rated for 200-250V. It may still very well keep working below 200V but that's outside the spec and that could cause failure.

TLDR:

A 200-240V power supply doesn't have to be a problem, even if your mains voltage drops every now and then, you're probably good. (I've been using these supplies for ages without problems, but I appear to have pretty good mains so perhaps I'm just lucky) But I wouldn't recommend buying one if you also have the option to go for 100-240V. The primary side on that one will be made of better, more durable stuff, so in the end you're just getting a better product.

5 hours ago, akio123008 said:

TLDR:

A 200-240V power supply doesn't have to be a problem, even if your mains voltage drops every now and then, you're probably good. (I've been using these supplies for ages without problems, but I appear to have pretty good mains so perhaps I'm just lucky) But I wouldn't recommend buying one if you also have the option to go for 100-240V. The primary side on that one will be made of better, more durable stuff, so in the end you're just getting a better product.

It was SPECIFICALLY because of regions like South East Asia and India that Corsair discontinued the 230V only version of the VS.

YOU have been using these supplies for ages, but you live in a region with pretty good mains voltages.

Don't assume because YOU don't have problems, people on the other side of the planet will not.

@Semprot60  Get the 100 to 240V version.  Never buy a "230V only" PSU.  It's a sign of a cheap, cost down unit.

59 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Don't assume because YOU don't have problems, people on the other side of the planet will not.

I didn't.

In fact, I wasn't that positive on the 230V only unit at all. I mean;

7 hours ago, akio123008 said:

A 200-240V power supply doesn't have to be a problem

That phrase already implies it's not quite optimal, because again, it isn't. (as I also explained before that)

However, it's fair to point out that such a power supply, although not optimal, doesn't have to be a major issue. So I did. Just some extra nuance.

Then I went ahead and recommended the full-range one, because that one, whatever way you look at it, is the better one.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:52 AM, jonnyGURU said:

It was SPECIFICALLY because of regions like South East Asia and India that Corsair discontinued the 230V only version of the VS.

YOU have been using these supplies for ages, but you live in a region with pretty good mains voltages.

@Semprot60  Get the 100 to 240V version.  Never buy a "230V only" PSU.  It's a sign of a cheap, cost down unit.

Well thank you so much for your reply, the Master of all PSU Reviewer 😄😄 
I've seen someone in youtube(Indonesian reviewer) running CM V2 Bronze with Dummy Loader to run this PSU about 160v far below 230v rating and its seems okay.  
But, the full range 100-240v options from CM currently not available and there is only 230v variant. 

But could you give me best choice of this PSU which should I pick? 
-Enermax Revobron 500w Full Range 100-240
-Be Quiet U9 500w also Full Range 100-240.
All of this have 3 years warranty compared to CM 5 years. 
I know this are really cheap tier psu, but thats what I can get for now. 

On 12/3/2020 at 1:51 AM, akio123008 said:

I didn't.

In fact, I wasn't that positive on the 230V only unit at all. I mean;

That phrase already implies it's not quite optimal, because again, it isn't. (as I also explained before that)

However, it's fair to point out that such a power supply, although not optimal, doesn't have to be a major issue. So I did. Just some extra nuance.

Then I went ahead and recommended the full-range one, because that one, whatever way you look at it, is the better one.

Thank you for your info. 

I'll think twice then to get between Enermax RevoBron 500 or BeQuiet U9 500 both are full rage input voltage.