UK router recommendations

Gazeley

I just switched over from Sky to Virgin. Initially the increase in Mbps seemed amazing. That seems to have ended within the day. 
I'm looking into getting a new router to replace the just received Hub 3.0. What would you recommend within a reasonable price range? (lower than £50)
I cannot use ethernet. 

Unfortunately you cannot change it for a different one, you can use it as a modem then connect the router to it.

10 minutes ago, Gazeley said:

I cannot use ethernet. 

what do you mean you cannot use ethernet?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

18 minutes ago, Sir Asvald said:

Unfortunately you cannot change it for a different one, you can use it as a modem then connect the router to it.

what do you mean you cannot use ethernet?

Yeah that's what I mean.

It isn't logistically viable. I'm the only person using a desktop and there's a door between me and the router. 

1 minute ago, Gazeley said:

Yeah that's what I mean.

It isn't logistically viable. I'm the only person using a desktop and there's a door between me and the router. 

How far are you from the router? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

23 minutes ago, Sir Asvald said:

How far are you from the router? 

There's a wall and a door, several meters. I'm not going to be able to use ethernet, logistically and I live at home my mum isn't going to let me have an ethernet cable running from the living room.

3 minutes ago, Gazeley said:

There's a wall and a door, several meters. I'm not going to be able to use ethernet, logistically and I live at home my mum isn't going to let me have an ethernet cable running from the living room.

Fair enough, but ask her. See if she lets you. I've got a cable going from the living room to my its dangling. 😂 

I have 220Mb/s Virgin connection. I had been having some Wi-Fi issues with the Hub 3 so, decided to get a router/AP. I chose TP-LINK Archer AX10 which works great so far. 

You need to put the Hub 3 in modem mode and connect an ethernet cable between Hub 3 and the new router. The new router should now get the Public IP on the WAN interface. 

Thanks