cpu bottleneck??

Hi there,

My specs: 

Intel 4690k @4.1

980Ti

16GB ram

I have just updated my monitor to a asus vg258 at 144hz 1080p, but when I play games at higher than 60fps cpu spikes to 100% I tried bother BFV and GTA V and same issues. I assume its a cpu bottleneck as on my old 60 hz monitor it was still in the 90% on cpu but wasn't stuttering or anything.

Thanks

Your specs are quite a few years old. And the CPU is definetly the bottleneck for you when going high-refresh-rate. If you're on a budget, a R5 3600 + B450 combo would be a nice upgrade.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Your specs are quite a few years old. And the CPU is definetly the bottleneck for you when going high-refresh-rate. If you're on a budget, a R5 3600 + B450 combo would be a nice upgrade.

yeah, i didnt know how bad it was. I got the monitor second hand so I may just sell it and stick to 60hz for a while as at 60hz the cpu does fine.

3 minutes ago, Charmeleonnz said:

yeah, i didnt know how bad it was. I got the monitor second hand so I may just sell it and stick to 60hz for a while as at 60hz the cpu does fine.

or you could keep it and run games with 60fps cap if you're having frame pacing issues

if you're planning on upgrading your PC soon

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

18 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

or you could keep it and run games with 60fps cap if you're having frame pacing issues

if you're planning on upgrading your PC soon

Honestly not really. I bought the pc second hand and upgraded the gpu. I may next year or something but at the point where i am running it at 60hz i might as well keep my old one, it still works and I am pretty sure i can sell the monitor for what I at least paid for it. So no real loss