Power supply works in one rig but not the other

Portza

Hey everyone,

A few months ago, I sold my father my PC after downgrading the GPU and the PSU. (then i built a new one with the recycled GPU and PSU)
However, this morning my father's PC decided to not power on at all. I did the usual check of plugs, switches etc. and did not get lucky.
I figured that the power supply would be the issue so I tried using my PSU on the faulty system and that worked.

Out of curiosity, I tried the 'faulty' PSU on my system and it powered on.

ie and TL:DR, his power supply works on my system and not his, my power supply works on both systems.

anyone have any clues as to what's happening? 

specs of both systems:
mine:
Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.6ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @3200mhz

Gigabyte B450M DS3H mATX

Radeon RX 580 8gb
Corsair CX650 650w

father's:

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.6ghz

8GB G.Skill something rather @3000mhz

Asrock ab350 pro4 ATX

i think a GeForce GT 710

Corsair CV450 450w

I'm not sure if this answer is right. Still, I think his system is a less power efficient system because of it being 1st gen RYZEN, so the lower wattage is not giving it enough power to post. Yours being higher wattage has no issue running it. Personally, if I were you and have $85USD to spend I would go to your nearest microcenter and buy their 750W PowerSpec Power Supply. You could also buy the same power supply you use and that if you want to.

R5-2600 - RX 560 - 8GB RAM - 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD

I like working with computers

5 minutes ago, Volkux_ said:

I'm not sure it this answer is right but it think his is a less power efficient system so the lower wattage is not giving it enough power to post and yours being higher wattage has no issue running it. Personally if you have $80USD  I would say go to your nearest microcenter and buy there 750W PowerSpec Power Supply.

I don't think that's the case because not only had it worked for the past few months, but it also worked on my system which has higher end components

Well..... I'm going to assume you tried unplugging the power supply cables from the motherboard and plugging it back in. So the last thing I can think is either the motherboard or overvolt protection is being tripped. I'm sorry if I didn't help at all I just gave you the ideas I thought of.

R5-2600 - RX 560 - 8GB RAM - 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD

I like working with computers