Experience with ocuk

Ebony Falcon

Ordered a monitor today click and collect, 

There was suposed to be a follow up email with a collection time, heard nothing all day 

called customer services and they said it will be ready on Wednesday ? 
like wtf ? Click and collect should be same day? He said the ware house was busy so I said if I ordered it for next day delivery would u go pick it now to get it in the post? He said yes. So I asked if he would pick it now so I can get it ( shop front shit because of COVID but they do click n collect out the warehouse) and he said no.

what gives ? Surly people willing to collect in person has priority over post like any shop ? Or atleast equal priority not just shove me to the back behind people ordering for delivery? 

it’s a 600 pound monitor not thermal paste 

anyone else experienced anything like this with them ? 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

took them 4 days to dispatch a psu with 'next day delivery' take from that what you will
ordered monday (packed on wednesday evening, picked up by dpd on thursday, delivered friday)

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

30 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

? Surly people willing to collect in person has priority over post like any shop ? Or atleast equal priority not just shove me to the back behind people ordering for delivery? 

Why should you get priority? Are you the pope? They should complete the orders as they are taken. 

4 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Why should you get priority? Are you the pope? They should complete the orders as they are taken. 

Because he said if I payed next day delivery they would pick it now to get it in the post but because I’m collecting I’m not important 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

10 minutes ago, MorganO said:

took them 4 days to dispatch a psu with 'next day delivery' take from that what you will
ordered monday (packed on wednesday evening, picked up by dpd on thursday, delivered friday)

Hope u got ur money back for next day delivery 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

Just now, Ebony Falcon said:

Hope u got ur money back for next day delivery 

i haven't asked, purely because 'next day delivery' is the service offered by DPD not really OCUK 
and order confirmations have a lil disclaimer about packing items taking longer than usual etc 

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

9 minutes ago, MorganO said:

i haven't asked, purely because 'next day delivery' is the service offered by DPD not really OCUK 
and order confirmations have a lil disclaimer about packing items taking longer than usual etc 

They really need to sort there warehouse shit out 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

2 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

They really need to sort there warehouse shit out 

I agree

pre lockdown/covid they've been amazing, currently its not great how much is related to covid/blackfriday/more people than usual buying things etc

Shockingly, on Cyber Monday & Black Friday, their warehouse is going to be super busy... Strange that, I know. They are usually fine to deal with (personally never had a problem, however, sometimes people do, like anyhwere, and I tend to avoid getting stuff from them as they are often more expensive than other places these days), however, they will have been rediculously busy last week & this week.

Just an FYI next day delivery is only the delivery from when it's dispatched through DPD, not from the day you ordered it necessarily, just so you know.

Also, what has probably been taking precidence in their warehouse have been clearing the backlog of orders for the AMD 5K series CPUs as I saw a load of them had come in Friday onwards from looking at their forum, and probably some Nvidia 3k GPUs, to clear some of the people who had actually been waiting for their products for quite a while. In other words, yes, there are probably people higher than you in the order queue.

4 hours ago, IntMD said:

Shockingly, on Cyber Monday & Black Friday, their warehouse is going to be super busy... Strange that, I know. They are usually fine to deal with (personally never had a problem, however, sometimes people do, like anyhwere, and I tend to avoid getting stuff from them as they are often more expensive than other places these days), however, they will have been rediculously busy last week & this week.

Just an FYI next day delivery is only the delivery from when it's dispatched through DPD, not from the day you ordered it necessarily, just so you know.

Also, what has probably been taking precidence in their warehouse have been clearing the backlog of orders for the AMD 5K series CPUs as I saw a load of them had come in Friday onwards from looking at their forum, and probably some Nvidia 3k GPUs, to clear some of the people who had actually been waiting for their products for quite a while. In other words, yes, there are probably people higher than you in the order queue.

You would think that a big company sending 100’s of thounsands of pounds worth of stuff out the door would get more staff this time of year

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

2 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

You would think that a big company sending 100’s of thounsands of pounds worth of stuff out the door would get more staff this time of year

They've apparently employed new people, however, they are also abiding by covid restrictions.

9 minutes ago, IntMD said:

They've apparently employed new people, however, they are also abiding by covid restrictions.

Do u work there haha ? 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

7 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Do u work there haha ? 

Nah, I just read people asking about stuff on their forum and the staff answered them.

Between recent releases and COVID supply constrictions, it's understandable that most places are having issues. I ordered some stuff from Scan and it took a week to ship, thought they where nice enough to send it via saturday delivery for no extra charge as a thank you for understanding. While a £600 monitor is expensive they've probably got some orders of many thousands that also have to be sifted through, it's a difficult and trying time for all. 

Yours faithfully