First Build

Beezlee02

Budget (including currency): 1k USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly Video games, no real list I just want to be able to play most games with decent to high graphics at a minimum of 60 fps

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Currently I am using a Dell laptop to play games and as you can probably imagine its crap. I've been saving up and have acquired a little slum of cash and decided to finally upgrade. This is gonna be my first build. Never done it before but I've always wanted to! When it comes to parts I've already picked out a list, but I'm unsure if ill run into any problems after its assembled that someone like me wouldn't find till its too late.

Parts:

CPU - Intel Core i-3 10100K

GPU - Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

Motherboard - MSI MAG B460 Bazooka

Ram - 2x Corsair Vengeance LPC (8G each)

Power - EVGA BQ 600w

Case - Cougar MX330

Display - BenQ GW2283 21" 1920x1080

and 1x 2TB HDD 1x 500GB SSD

Would build work?

Yes, the build will work, but it's not optimal.

an Intel CPU with a "K" in the name costs extra and is overclockable, but only "Z" series motherboards can overclock, so the potential of your "K" CPU is wasted on a "B" series motherboard. I'd recommend either getting a non-overclockable CPU, or going AMD where all CPUs are unlocked, and all motherboards other than "A" series can overclock.

Also a lot of these components are way overpriced.

How about something like this:

slightly over budget, but better everything basically. If you want to fit in the budget, you can downgrade CPU to a 3300X, or get a cheaper GPU like the 1660 Super.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4