My first PC build!

Priva28

Budget (including currency): $1800 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Xcode, Final Cut Pro X, Beat Saber, Half Life Alyx, Minecraft, Rocket League

I have tinkered with electronics for a very long time but haven't really had the money to build my own PC until now. I use macOS and rely on a few macOS only apps so I'd like to build my own Hackintosh. It's mostly going to be used for productivity with Xcode, Sketch and a little Final Cut but I also would like to go into Windows to play a few games, that's why I don't want Apple Silicon(also because I love tinkering and it's more fun to build yourself).

I just bought a 10700k and MSI Z490-A Pro last night on eBay as there was 20% off but I need some help for my other parts. I kind of have to go Intel CPU + AMD GPU if I want to smoothly run macOS. For GPU I am thinking a 5700XT as it should run most of the games I want fairly well and I don't game often enough to want to spend extra for the 6800 or 6800XT. I will be running VR games through Virtual Desktop/Oculus Link to my Quest 2 though.

Here is what I am thinking for my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700KA (Purchased) [$463] [eBay]

Motherboard: MSI Z490-A Pro (Purchased) [$215] [eBay]

Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53 [$191] [eBay]

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury RGB 16GB 3200mhz [$99] [Shopping Express]

Storage: Crucial BX500 120GB [$29] [MWave]

Storage: WD Black SN750 500GB (Already own)

Storage: Seagate 7200RPM 1TB (Already own)

GPU: Any 5700XT [$499] (Often found at this price or I can buy used)

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA GA 650w [$132] [Shopping Express] 

Case: NZXT H510 [$139]

Total: $1767

Any thoughts or does everything seem good? I'd like to hear some honest opinions. 

3 minutes ago, Priva28 said:

Budget (including currency): $1800 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Xcode, Final Cut Pro X, Beat Saber, Half Life Alyx, Minecraft, Rocket League

I have tinkered with electronics for a very long time but haven't really had the money to build my own PC. I use macOS and rely on a few macOS only apps so I'd like to build my own Hackintosh. It's mostly going to be used for productivity with Xcode, Sketch and a little Final Cut but I also would like to go into Windows to play a few games, that's why I don't want Apple Silicon(also because I love tinkering and it's more fun to build yourself).

I just bought a 10700k and MSI Z490-A Pro last night on eBay as there was 20% off but I need some help for my other parts. I kind of have to go Intel CPU + AMD GPU if I want to smoothly run macOS. For GPU I am thinking a 5700XT as it should run most of the games I want fairly well and I don't game often enough to want to spend extra for the 6800 or 6800XT.

Here is what I am thinking for my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700KA (Purchased) [$463] [eBay]

Motherboard: MSI Z490-A Pro (Purchased) [$215] [eBay]

Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53 [$191] [eBay]

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury RGB 16GB 3200mhz [$99] [Shopping Express]

Storage: Crucial BX500 120GB [$29] [MWave]

Storage: WD Black SN750 500GB (Already own)

Storage: Seagate 7200RPM 1TB (Already own)

GPU: Any 5700XT [$499] (Often found at this price or I can buy used)

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA GA 650w [$132] [Shopping Express] 

Case: NZXT H510 [$139]

Total: $1767

Any thoughts or does everything seem good? I'd like to hear some honest opinions. 

Change the case. The H510 has bad airflow, and is overpriced imo.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

I mostly choose the H510 for it's design as it suits my desk setup well. Are there any other white cases with a similar design?

9 minutes ago, Priva28 said:

I mostly choose the H510 for it's design as it suits my desk setup well. Are there any other white cases with a similar design?

If you have the right tools you can mod the case to have more airflow. In my experience with it, my temps aren't great but its not an inferno. It looks nice but I can't say I can recommend it.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

1 hour ago, Downkey said:

Second; would take a meshify or one of the Bequiet high air flow cases over that case.  The improvement in airflow is nice, they look nice, very affordable.  

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

38 minutes ago, Zberg said:

Second; would take a meshify or one of the Bequiet high air flow cases over that case.  The improvement in airflow is nice, they look nice, very affordable.  

Try this, Lian Li LANCOOL II-W ATX Mid Tower Case,  it is white and look neat and from my search and some YouTube videos it looks like good airflow and good aesthetics.