Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am having trouble with the my dell Inspiron 1500 laptop since 8-9 months. I have tried several things to no avail. Recently I got my broken keyboard swapped out. There was a brief window where I was able to boot up the whole thing and it ran just fine for few days. But after rebooting it gets stuck in reboot again. I tried hard reboot by shutting it off but then it was stuck in preparation of auto repair.for days. I need help please

3 minutes ago, C36 said:

I need help please

Sounds like a bad hard drive....

Can you give us more specifics (OS, etc) 

*some* Dell computers have built-in diagnostics via the BIOS, if yours does, can you check the hard drive?

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Is the laptop still under warranty? If so I'd suggest contacting dell and letting them deal with it first before trying to fix it yourself. There's many things that can cause a laptop to boot loop and it's often pretty difficult to spot the issue. The most you can do if the laptop is out of warranty is to try changing the memory or/and boot the laptop without the battery and perhaps try booting without any drive installed. If none of those things fix your issue then chances are it's an issue with a board that is unlikely to be an easy fix. (i'm assuming your laptop isn't posting)

If it's posting then it's most likely a storage issue.

This is what it does always. And never boot. It is stuck here

image.jpg

45 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sounds like a bad hard drive....

Can you give us more specifics (OS, etc) 

*some* Dell computers have built-in diagnostics via the BIOS, if yours does, can you check the hard drive?

It is a 3 year old laptop running Windows 10 on it 

how do I check hard drive through bios?

it is stuck on the screen attached 

image.jpg

2 hours ago, C36 said:

how do I check hard drive through bios?

Well like I said, some have it, you have to get into the BIOS, either through F2 (typically) or Del key, and then see what options there are.

18 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Well like I said, some have it, you have to get into the BIOS, either through F2 (typically) or Del key, and then see what options there are.

When I’m in the boot settings I’m seeing 

toshiba partition 2 UEFI boot option only.

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, C36 said:

When I’m in the boot settings I’m seeing 

toshiba partition 2 UEFI boot option only.

Then lacking the ability to press f12 for diagnostics, or having no BIOS options for self-checking, I'm forced to conclude the hard drive has failed

10 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Then lacking the ability to press f12 for diagnostics, or having no BIOS options for self-checking, I'm forced to conclude the hard drive has failed

Apparently it started working again and then windows update wanted to reboot the computer.. I did and this thing started again...🥲 so idk what’s going on

13 hours ago, C36 said:

Apparently it started working again and then windows update wanted to reboot the computer.. I did and this thing started again...🥲 so idk what’s going on

Bad drive.

It also sounds like a bad drive to me. If you want to try and confirm, I know with Dells usually have OEM diagnostics accessible from the boot options menu. Hard shut off the computer, power up and as soon as the Dell logo is onscreen, hit the f12 key, you can mash it if you need to. It won't show if you're in the actual BIOS settings as a boot option, only if you go directly to the boot options menu. If you get the timing right, should send to the Boot Options menu (if you get the trying to load windows spinning dots you missed it). There should be a spot in there for Diagnostics and you can usually run some quick tests or more thorough ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for you help

it was the trouble of bad connector

the connector with the HDD was broken and had to get a new one

thank you everyone for your help