Can anyone suggest a laptop with a budget of $500?

School is starting soon and I find myself in need of a laptop. My first thought was to get a chromebook, but some of the schools lessons have to be downloaded. I also realized I'd like to use this for more than just school.

With that out of the way, I'm looking for a minimum of 8GB of ram (Schools recommendation for the downloaded lessons). My budget is $500. I can use a discount if the laptop is bought through Walmart that would take off 25%.

I was looking at some of them and noticed some of the terminology is different for the ram types. I saw DRAM, SDRAM, DDRAM.

Can anyone suggest a "decent" laptop within that budget? I don't care about asthetics, only functionality.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, if this is in the wrong area, I apologise. It's my first time on these forums.

15 minutes ago, Foxirus said:

School is starting soon and I find myself in need of a laptop. My first thought was to get a chromebook, but some of the schools lessons have to be downloaded. I also realized I'd like to use this for more than just school.

With that out of the way, I'm looking for a minimum of 8GB of ram (Schools recommendation for the downloaded lessons). My budget is $500. I can use a discount if the laptop is bought through Walmart that would take off 25%.

I was looking at some of them and noticed some of the terminology is different for the ram types. I saw DRAM, SDRAM, DDRAM.

Can anyone suggest a "decent" laptop within that budget? I don't care about asthetics, only functionality.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, if this is in the wrong area, I apologise. It's my first time on these forums.

If in the USA, might I suggestion the following?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

23 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Thanks, I'll look into that one for sure. It looks like walmart has discontinued that line of laptops. Only seeing the one refurbished model that has the 4GB of ram.

6 minutes ago, Foxirus said:
35 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Thanks, I'll look into that one for sure. It looks like walmart has discontinued that line of laptops. Only seeing the one refurbished model that has the 4GB of ram.

Expand  

eBay to the rescue

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motile-M142-SL-14-inch-256GB-AMD-Ryzen-5-3-60GHz-8GB-Notebook-Laptop/373337030217?epid=6033953010&hash=item56ec9efe49:g:ANgAAOSwIhFfrsNo

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.