AMD Temperature Spikes

djtravz

Directly after I updated my BIOS, my fan started ramping up quickly, then slowly ramping down. I thought this was very odd, so I checked Core Temp to see that my temperatures were spiking up by 10 degrees after a few seconds of being settled down. I tried making my fan ramp much more aggressive, but the issue still persisted.

Something odd that I've found is that this only happens in Windows. In the BIOS and in Xubuntu, it is stable like I would expect.

Using the logging data from Core Temp I made a graph of the temperature with the core utilization and found that the spikes in temperature do not really coincide with any huge spikes in load.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

chart (1).png

Edit: I am using a Corsair H60 AIO for cooling, but I do not think this would be the cause because it was not happening before the BIOS update. I do not remember what specific temps I was getting before, but I know that they weren't doing this spiking. My CPU is a Ryzen 5 1600X.

Thanks,

djtravz

Probably fan profile was too aggressive for low noise level, the fans had to ramp up because of temperature even though the cores are not under load.

I usually find fans speeding up to 80% from 20 more annoying than if they just stay at 60.

8 hours ago, tommy2712 said:

Probably fan profile was too aggressive for low noise level, the fans had to ramp up because of temperature even though the cores are not under load.

I usually find fans speeding up to 80% from 20 more annoying than if they just stay at 60.

But even when the fan is set to 100% constantly it still does the spikes. And it doesn't happen in anything out of Windows

Thanks,

djtravz