Adding a Second Pump or Changing to Parallel

GabaGoul

Hello all,

This is my first post usually i figure things out on my own but figure this would be the best place to find help when no others can help.

To start my PC specs 

Asus Maximus XI Formula 

2x 2080

ROG Thor 1200

Tower 900 Thermaltake

2 Loops 1 for GPUS 1 For CPU and VRMs

Loop is setup with hardline piping in the front and soft in the back (Mine is better then the one Linus made years ago ;) made a plate with bulkhead fittings )

Radiators have the openings on top to allow air to flow out easier 

All water Cooling parts are EKWB 

Picture attached of front if anyone wants to see the rear i can take another photo

I am currently having an issue with my water cooling loop its been an ongoing issue and I've had enough of constantly fixing it. Every now and again I find some bubbles in my CPU waterblock, the only way to get them to flow out of the block is to tip the pc over with the pump at full speed. I have the tower 900 from Thermaltake and it is very heavy kind of sick of having to tip it over. I have looked over the entire loop multiple times checked all fittings and looked for any leaking water and found no issues, water is green easy to find any leaks. The loop is currently setup where the water flows through the VRM waterblock then to the CPU in series. When the bubbles show they really just hang out at the top of the CPU block and the water flow even at full RPM does not push them out through the loop. I figure I need to either add a second pump inline or change the loop to a parallel loop sending the water to the VRM block and the CPU block at the same time then collecting them all back together. If I were to add a second pump I figure id add the pump directly before the water gets to the VRM, easy to do since the back of the pc is soft tubing and I have some soft tubing left over and 2 soft line g1/4 connectors. I believe just adding the pump inline would work since water will flow through a D5 without the pump running. So start the pc with the main pump once all the water flows through and some of the air is out I turn on the secondary pump doesn't need to be at high RPM just enough to get the bubbles flowing without needing to tip the PC over. Id rather add a second pump, this would be so much easier then having to re-bend the hardline tube in the front as I would have to replace at least 2 of the runs. 

Sorry for the long post. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you!

GG

20200702_193052.jpg

Wait is that CPU block running in reverse or is your flow though it from top to bottom? If either of those is a yes thats probably why youve got bubbles building up there

Dont have the manuall for my Supremacy EVO but i know im running mine the other way round as thats what the manual specifies(idk maybe you could flip the flow order but i dont remember that being a thing tbh)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

16 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Wait is that CPU block running in reverse or is your flow though it from top to bottom? If either of those is a yes thats probably why youve got bubbles building up there

Dont have the manuall for my Supremacy EVO but i know im running mine the other way round as thats what the manual specifies(idk maybe you could flip the flow order but i dont remember that being a thing tbh)

Flow is from top to bottom of the CPU block, in the photo the line that is in front is the return so flow goes to the vrm then to the CPU. I did however have my GPU loop in reverse for about a year until I realized I f'd up, temps weren't that different though.