New pc build for gaming

Tommy10

Budget (including currency): 20 000 NOK including a monitor.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming. Games like call of duty and destiny 2

Other details: 

The last couple of years I have been using a ps4 for my gaming, but I would like to go back to a pc. Therefore I’m thinking of building one. 
I’m mainly going to play the mentioned games, and would like to get 140-150+ FPS. Therefore it’s not needed to max out the budget, but it would be good to have a set up that’s easy to upgrade and are going to support games the next couple of years.

any suggestions?

If you want an upgrade path, I'd suggest getting a B450/B550 motherboard and then a ryzen 5 2600\3600 and upgrading to a 5600 down the road as they hit the used market. 

Memory I'd go with 16gb in an 8x2 configuration and then add another 8x2 when you upgrade CPU (Or just do 32gb now in an 8x4, Ram's pretty cheap so that won't be a big cost savings down the road).

I'd get a top of the line power supply in the 750-850W range so you never have to worry about it.

Video card, I'd probably browse the used market for a 2060\5700 xt and swap it out with a 3060\6800 when it was time. 

SSD, just some M2 Wester Digital Blue or Samsung Evo 970. 1TB min. Add in a 2TB Sata SSD (Or another M2 if you're feeling it) and then add more storage later.

Case I'd focus on something easy to build in and clean so as you upgrade parts you can just clean it out. 

And I'd stick with the stock cooler as long as possible unless overclocking is a desire. 

Get the best mechanical keyboard and a good mouse since those should last you the life of the PC.

And for a monitor I'd get something 144hz 1440p IPS. It'll look great for years to come. 

I think that covers everything. Enjoy!

On 11/28/2020 at 5:18 PM, Acoreus said:

If you want an upgrade path, I'd suggest getting a B450/B550 motherboard and then a ryzen 5 2600\3600 and upgrading to a 5600 down the road as they hit the used market. 

Memory I'd go with 16gb in an 8x2 configuration and then add another 8x2 when you upgrade CPU (Or just do 32gb now in an 8x4, Ram's pretty cheap so that won't be a big cost savings down the road).

I'd get a top of the line power supply in the 750-850W range so you never have to worry about it.

Video card, I'd probably browse the used market for a 2060\5700 xt and swap it out with a 3060\6800 when it was time. 

SSD, just some M2 Wester Digital Blue or Samsung Evo 970. 1TB min. Add in a 2TB Sata SSD (Or another M2 if you're feeling it) and then add more storage later.

Case I'd focus on something easy to build in and clean so as you upgrade parts you can just clean it out. 

And I'd stick with the stock cooler as long as possible unless overclocking is a desire. 

Get the best mechanical keyboard and a good mouse since those should last you the life of the PC.

And for a monitor I'd get something 144hz 1440p IPS. It'll look great for years to come. 

I think that covers everything. Enjoy!

Thanks.

looking at something like this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cLKgz7