SATA Power Cable Limit?

Cavalry Canuck

I have an EVGA SuperNova G3 750 PSU.

I’m installing 6 SSDs (5x860 EVO, 1x WD Blue). For the sake of cable management, I’d like to power all 6 SSDs by running a splitter off of each of the connections on the stock EVGA 3-plug cable. A second EVGA cable will supply power to both the 5.25” Disc Drive and Corsair Ecosystem.

Is it safe and/or will it be within the limitations of my PSU to run all 6 SSDs off of the one SATA power port?

Thank you for your time.

41 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Probably - SSDs don't use much power.

If it was 6 HDDs, probably not.

I’d like to know with a bit more certainty. But I don’t know where to look to find out the amp limits per plug, what the SSDs draw, etc.

I will give it an 85% chance.
(I think) if it's too much, your PSU will shut off due to overcurrent protection.

elephants

24 minutes ago, Cavalry Canuck said:

I’d like to know with a bit more certainty. But I don’t know where to look to find out the amp limits per plug, what the SSDs draw, etc.

Have you looked in the manual the PSU came with?  There’s also the wiki for SATA that will likely have amp ratings.  If not the references section might refer to a document that has something.  The beauty of standards is generally things made to meet those standards meet them.  As for the SSDs you will need those manuals to tell you how much they actually draw

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.