Wireless headphone *without* ANC recommendations?

eskamobob1

Main use case

• Sim racing at my desktop as well as the occasional usage as "don't bother me" headphones while studying on my laptop

Price range

• $1000 max if its a big step up, but sub $500 preferred

Requirements

• No ANC
  • Over Ear, not on ear

Nice to have

• Decent directional audio
  • multi-link Bluetooth

Background

Hey Guys. I am looking for some wireless headphone recommendations. These will be used almost exclusively for desktop use (I am just horrid at remembering I'm tethered, so no wire). I am by no means an audiophile (all these have to be better than are the galaxy buds I use for otg podcasts), but a decent directional audio would be nice for sim racing immersion. I have no need for a built in mic and I am not too bothered by price. Here is the hard part. I do not want ANC. I seem to be pretty sensitive to the weird pressure. I have tried the QC35, 700, xm4, XM3 Ear buds, and a few other ANC headsets and even with the ANC "off" I still get this weird pressure that ends up making me nauseous after more than an hour or so. Whether this is from the ANC never actualy going off or maybe just real good passive isolation, I have no idea (though I don't have the issue with my galaxy buds or my old senheisers that seemed to block a ton of noise), but its made shopping for a head set pretty tough. From everything I have read, the Drop x THX Pandas seem the way to go, but not being able to return them if they dont work for me is a bit worrying and I wanted some second opinions before I dropped the money as well. What would you guys recomend?

Thanks in advance for the help,

-esk

No worries. I have no issues buying a set will under my budget so long as they meet my needs. Hell, my guess is thats what I will end up doing. As for the crushers, I personaly wasnt a fan from a quick best buy try. Super base isn't realy my thing in the first place and I felt the tremble was super washed out. For a similar price I like the JBL option much better. Found them much better balanced and the lighter weight was real nice too. I enjoyed mine quite a bit until they died a few months ago. Honestly, if I don't get an answer here I very well may just get another pair of those and move on