First Build - $1200 USD

Rodix

Budget (including currency): $1200 USD or $1500 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Warzone, GTA V and most likely recording gameplay

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I hope to buy the tower for around 1500$ CAD and finish the setup including Keyboard, mousepad and monitor for 2000$ CAD or around $1540 USD.

Mouse not needed. Desk and chair not need.

This is my first build, I've been watching tech videos on youtube for years now and I've decided to finally upgrade from my crap-laptop. I've done quite a bit of research and I've come up with this build ( please switch to Canada on top right to see from my perspective.);

(My main concern with this build is CPU cooler/ram clearance, more on that later)

With some reviews I've watched i figured that the AOC 24G2 is the best 1080p 144hz monitor for its price. It doesn't have a lot of ghosting and it also has good response times. I'm going to upgrade my CPU soon and since i dont want to spend a lot of money right away, I've decided to opt for a good CPU cooler so i can OC my R3 3100 and i've seen some benchmarks where the OC 3100 outperforms CPUs that cost more than 2 times it (in Canada at least). So for now I've got great CPU cooling, to add on top of that I've decided to go with a Corsair 275R Airflow Case, it comes with 3 fans pre-installed out of the 6 total fan slots. Ill be re-configuring the 3 fans to the front and I'm going to buy a Noctua NF-S12A PWM which can be placed at the rear to channel the NH-D15's hot CPU air out of the case. For the mother board I've stumbled across a great deal. The Asrock b550M Pro4 mobo. It has 4 fan headers and 2 Cpu cooler fan headers, which is enough for my 2 NH-D15 Fans and my 4 separate case fans. Its also cheaper than the MSI b450 Tomahawk MAX which is pretty good ( 30$ rebate). For the Storage I've gone with pretty much the best storage devices i could get for the price ( i also have a 2.5 inch 240 gb ssd at home so 3.24 TB of storage is more than enough ). Now the only potential problem with this build could be the CPU cooler. The ram I've chose is rgb so its pretty tall, I've done some light research on clearances of the components and they should (theoretically) fit. I also saw some photos with the same ram modules and the Nh-D15 so they should fit but im still a bit skeptical so i was wondering if maybe i should go with RIpJaws V ram with same size and speed. The RGB loss wont be that big of an issue because it would have been covered by the cooler anyways. About the gpu clearance now, The GPU ( Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT ) is around 309 mm long and the Case gpu clearance is of 370 mm so that shouldn't be a problem. All I'm worried about in this build is the ram/cooler compatibility so if you could give me suggestions on the overall build and some compatibility issues that would be great. Thanks for reading this much.

I personally am in favour of a slightly stronger cpu (even if its used)

but for this you certainly do not need b550. go b450.

i don't think you need 750 watts either.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma