Blurry screen + dropped fps?

averagetobes

PC specs before I start

Ryzen 2600

16GB Corsair 3200MHZ ram

SSD boot drive

MSI Gaming X RTX 2060 Super 8GB.

Ok so I upgraded from a GTX 970, and so far I'm not massively overwhelmed.

I run 1 x 1080p monitor, and 1 x 4k monitor. Ever since installing the GPU, I've noticed weird issues. The 4k monitor looks fuzzy and blurry now, like the text isn't as crisp anymore. I've reinstalled drivers from nvidia and optimized control panel settings again - but at this point I've been staring at it so long I can't tell if I'm just going out of my mind. Everything just seemed much more crisp when it was running from the 970.

However, the PC performance in general is acting weird. Like scrolling up and down web pages, switching applications from one screen to the other just seems to lag. It's like the screen is dropping frames just from basic desktop activity. All I have running is slack, adobe connect and some firefox tabs. I would have thought my rig could handle that no problem.

The first day I got it, I played Warzone with ultra settings and averaged around 100fps which is fine. Since that day, I've been getting these issues.

Am I supposed to be doing something once I've installed the GPU, like in the bios or anything? I've not had this before and I'm not sure where to go. Google just takes me to threads about updating the drivers but I already did that. Pls halp.

36 minutes ago, A-J-M said:

Maybe scrap the display drivers entirely before installing the new version? 
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html 

I think that might have fixed it. Seems better now, thank you so much!

Any idea what to do with regards to the performance issues I mentioned?

5 minutes ago, averagetobes said:

I think that might have fixed it. Seems better now, thank you so much!

Any idea what to do with regards to the performance issues I mentioned?

Glad it helped!

For the rest, the only thing that comes to mind is the connections, the cables. Maybe one of them is not good enough (anymore). Normally, you should prefer the DP port for the 1080p and the hdmi for the 4k.