A new PC to end the year!

Budget (including currency): Roughly $1200 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly gaming, general usage, and some computer software (hence why I wanted the extra ram).

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello everyone,

After a little over three years, my ryzen 3 1300x and 1050ti are finally starting to have issues. I decided it was about time to upgrade to a new rig, and I have some questions for y'all about some parts. Here is the current PC part picker list. I am getting the CPU, RAM, SSD, and motherboard from a friend for 440 (a good deal in my opinion) and the rest I will just be buying from either Amazon, Newegg, or another seller like that. I already have peripherals, so no need there. Now a couple of questions.

1. I am thinking of trying to pick up a 3070, I know they are all oos but I think I can get one for retail from a friend. I will be playing mainly at 1440p. Would my 3600 bottleneck my GPU? 

2. Is it worth it to resell the 3600 and then put that money (plus a little more) into finding and buying a Ryzen 5 5600x. I assume not, but if the answer to the first question is yes that might change my decision. 

3. If I can't find a 3070 easily, should I just wait until I can find one or should I maybe go with a 2080ti or something like that? Just throwing out ideas here. 

4. Anyone know the best places to get black friday deals, trying to get a PSU and case then too. 

Thanks so much! 

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

The 3600 is a great CPU for 1440p.

Paired with an RTX 3070, 1440p should be fine.

Also, what's your opinion on Ready Player One?

elephants

19 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Also, what's your opinion on Ready Player One?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

How is that relevant in any way to the thread

31 minutes ago, I-r0k said:

Budget (including currency): Roughly $1200 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly gaming, general usage, and some computer software (hence why I wanted the extra ram).

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello everyone,

After a little over three years, my ryzen 3 1300x and 1050ti are finally starting to have issues. I decided it was about time to upgrade to a new rig, and I have some questions for y'all about some parts. Here is the current PC part picker list. I am getting the CPU, RAM, SSD, and motherboard from a friend for 440 (a good deal in my opinion) and the rest I will just be buying from either Amazon, Newegg, or another seller like that. I already have peripherals, so no need there. Now a couple of questions.

1. I am thinking of trying to pick up a 3070, I know they are all oos but I think I can get one for retail from a friend. I will be playing mainly at 1440p. Would my 3600 bottleneck my GPU? 

2. Is it worth it to resell the 3600 and then put that money (plus a little more) into finding and buying a Ryzen 5 5600x. I assume not, but if the answer to the first question is yes that might change my decision. 

3. If I can't find a 3070 easily, should I just wait until I can find one or should I maybe go with a 2080ti or something like that? Just throwing out ideas here. 

4. Anyone know the best places to get black friday deals, trying to get a PSU and case then too. 

Thanks so much! 

1 get an rttx 3060 ti (rumored to come out on december 2nd), much more worth it.

Your cpu might bottleneck it but only slightly, but that cpu (for now) is perfectly fine, maybe get a 5000 series in 1-2 years.

2 YES!!!

3 See answer 1

4 Forget black friday, since you are in the US just check craigslist or ebay for used stuff, (however if you are getting a used PSU make sure it's a fairly recent one and from a good brand)

2 hours ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

1 get an rttx 3060 ti (rumored to come out on december 2nd), much more worth it.

Hmmm the leaks look insane, might have to wait yeah. What do other people think? 

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there.