Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need some help troubleshooting My new build(Ryzen 7 3700x, tuf x570-plus, RTX 2060) no display

I need some help troubleshooting My new build(Ryzen 7 3700x, tuf x570-plus, RTX 2060) no display 

I’m putting together my new build and I can’t get it to display using the 2060 and Ryzen 7. 

If I switch to my Ryzen 3 2200g I can boot to the onboard graphics and after that initial boot I can boot using the rtx2060. As soon as I switch back to the Ryzen 7 (no integrated gpu obviously) I can’t get display. Everything on the board powers up and stays on and I get the yellow dram light. 

I’ve tested the Ryzen 7 in my old board and it works fine. I’ve tested all the components and know they each work. I’ve checked every cable and every connection. I’ve swapped ram and verified it’s good. 
I tried updating the motherboard bios. I’m stuck. 

Is there a simple bios setting I’m missing?

Dumb question-- are you using the motherboard display outputs instead of the graphics card's?

With the ryzen 7 I have to use the graphics card outputs as it doesn’t have integrated graphics. 

with the Ryzen 3 I initially had to use the mobo output but after the first boot I was able to use the 2060 outputs. 

thanks