Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SSD for laptop missing bracket

Her laptop is the MSI Leopard 8rd gp63. She is now missing the box in which the laptop came with.

So I'm helping my gf upgrade her laptop with an ssd, it currently only has an nvme installed, this leaves me an empty slot for and hhd/ssd which I am missing the bracket for. Any idea how to install this?

I apologize that I'm not knowledgeable on laptops. 

126938116_860298421248955_4672850314666324523_n.png

no bracket no problem, just use duct tape. just make sure it's securely attached to the port.

plus it's a ssd so some vibration won't cause any problems.

normally the bracket is provided, but some laptop doesn't have one and you need to buy a separate bracket for this.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

no bracket no problem, just use duct tape. just make sure it's securely attached to the port.

plus it's a ssd so some vibration won't cause any problems.

normally the bracket is provided, but some laptop doesn't have one and you need to buy a separate bracket for this.

Thanks for the quick reply, Ok so I'm gonna use some electrical tape cause I don't have duct tape. I'd like this to be temporary, any idea where to purchase brackets? I've searched online but only found ones for pc desktops.

It can be hard to get, the bracket for the same brand might not work.

You should try find one for that particular model, or from similar model made around the same year.

Ebay / aliexpress usually have this kind of stuff.

I say just use the tape unless you have any problems.

put a foam on the back of the drive so it pushes towards the slot.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450