Recommendation for computer/office chair

Scruffy90

Budget: $500
Wants: As many points of adjustment as possible and comfortable for long term use.
I would prefer it not be a gaming chair or a bucket seat styled chair. 

Any recommendations?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Used office supply store.  Should be able to get a thousand dollar full grain leather executive chair for that kind of money.  It will be the wrong color.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Used office supply store.  Should be able to get a thousand dollar full grain leather executive chair for that kind of money.  It will be the wrong color.

Any that you could recommend in the US?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

2 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Any that you could recommend in the US?

They vary by town.  They’re generally local businesses rather than chains.  One of those sorts of businesses that the public rarely frequents like janitorial supply stores and pest eradication supply stores.  It would be a local search thing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 hours ago, Scruffy90 said:

Budget: $500
Wants: As many points of adjustment as possible and comfortable for long term use.
I would prefer it not be a gaming chair or a bucket seat styled chair. 

Any recommendations?

I could recommend you this one. Aggressive design and sports car detailing.

Quite durable though not well known brand yet.

https://www.amazon.com/noblechairs-Epic-Gaming-Chair-Leather/dp/B01EMA3V4A

image.png.26011b8944c6936ef176dfdd708d1e54.pngimage.png.f5b9bc2ddad58584673f37917789ab4e.png

On 11/24/2020 at 10:54 AM, geo3 said:

Get a used Herman Miller Aeron.

I want a herman miller, its what we used to use at my last job. Who sells them used?

On 11/24/2020 at 8:44 AM, Dream Machines Official said:

I could recommend you this one. Aggressive design and sports car detailing.

Quite durable though not well known brand yet.

https://www.amazon.com/noblechairs-Epic-Gaming-Chair-Leather/dp/B01EMA3V4A

image.png.26011b8944c6936ef176dfdd708d1e54.pngimage.png.f5b9bc2ddad58584673f37917789ab4e.png

I'm not too fond of these kinds of chairs unfortunately. These gaming/racing chairs are not comfortable for me long term as i'm a bit wide 

Used office equipment stores have an operations model that isn’t very brand specific.  What they do is acquire inventory locally at business auctions.  Sometimes for close to nothing.  Their biggest inventory cost is warehouse space. A business goes under or moves or something and the furniture becomes useless so it is sold cheap.  The deal is a lot of that stuff can’t really be take. Apart again after it has been put together so it’s no longer saleable through the mail.  It just becomes wildly expensive to ship.  Because of this a used office equipment store inventory is going to be random and of wildly varying vintage.  It would not be out of character to find something covered in fuchsia wool left over from the 90’s. 

it’s useful gaming stuff though because businesses have to follow industrial standards, and it’s quite common for people to spend 8 hours sitting in the chairs.  They tend to be durable and adjustable.

It can be a trick for heavy people though.  Furniture companies are not messing about with weight limits.  If you weigh over 100kg you need to be careful.  Over 140kg pretty much guarantees you will need special stuff.

Edited by Bombastinator