PC Build Recommendations

Weather_Report

Hi, I need some help coming up with a build. 

Budget (including currency): $1400

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Up and coming games. Cyberpunk, Cold war, etc 

Other details: I would like this build to be able to connect via Wi-Fi. The only peripheral I need is a monitor preferably one with built in speakers. I might add another another one in the future. I'm also not a fan of RBG but I can live with it.

Thanks in advance

Just a quick suggestion, don't bother with getting a monitor with built in speakers. They almost universally suck. I bought my first monitor with them so I wouldn't need new headphones or speakers, and when I tell you they sounded like a pair of earbuds taped to the back of the monitor, that is not an exaggeration. My second monitor I bought (a $300 1440p monitor) also happened to have them. They were literally just as bad, completely useless IMO. 

As far as wifi is concerned, I think the easiest solution is just to buy a motherboard with that built in. You can filter for that when shopping on Newegg and PCPartPicker. 

Unfortunately, for CPU and GPU, your best option would be to get the latest gen hardware. But in case you didn't know, they are in short supply (to say the least). If you're in no rush to get this built I would suggest waiting and getting a Ryzen 5600x + Radeon 6800xt (or an RTX 3080). And if you wanna spend less on the GPU I would drop down to the Radeon 6800.

Just now, TheBahrbarian said:

Ryzen 5600x + Radeon 6800xt (or an RTX 3080). And if you wanna spend less on the GPU I would drop down to the Radeon 6800.

at this point i narrowed down the rx 6800 xt and the rtx 3080 into two little categories.

the 6800 xt has absolutely amazing overclocking potential

the 3080 as of right now is going to always run better at 1800p, 2160p etc. because of dlss 2.0

but because of the overclocking you can do on the 6800 xt, thats the one that i would rather get.

If you're fine with 1080p:

I'd swap out the 3700X for a 5600X, if you can get your hands on one. Also the monitor does have built-in speakers (though, as mentioned above, don't expect to get anything over the lower-end of mediocre in terms of quality out of them).

If you'd like to go to 1440p:

This monitor does not have built-in speakers. If they're really a necessity, I'd look at an ASUS VG27AQ instead.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

3 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

at this point i narrowed down the rx 6800 xt and the rtx 3080 into two little categories.

the 6800 xt has absolutely amazing overclocking potential

the 3080 as of right now is going to always run better at 1800p, 2160p etc. because of dlss 2.0

but because of the overclocking you can do on the 6800 xt, thats the one that i would rather get.

Yeah I agree with your opinion on the 6800xt. Generally, except for 4k, it has better rasterized performance than the 3080 (for $50 less as well). At 1440p and 1080p it trades blows with average framerates, but its 1% and 0.1% lows (much more important than average IMO) are way better. And, if you get a 5600x you can take advantage of the SAM feature on radeon GPUs.

I still find DLSS and Ray Tracing to be a bit of a gimmick. They're supported on literally on a few dozen games, at most. If you stream a lot and the NVENC encoding is important than I can see going for Nvidia here. But overall it seems like the 6800xt is the better value. And with the insane overclocking headroom that's been rumored, the AIB cards will likely have much more noticeable improvements in their boost clocks.

I didn't know that built in speakers were usually low quality so I'll avoid those and I'm not in a hurry to build this PC I'll just be patient and wait for the latest hardware to become available. Thank you all for you input.

I can plus one on the speakers being bad, I have cheapo headphones and if i just keep them at my desk and at fully max volume they sound better then the inbuilt speakers in my cheapo screen