Stuck on Windows Logo

grenadier_09

Ok so my brother bbought new parts for his pc. 

Ryzen 5 5600x

Auorus Gigabyte B550

Amd 5600xt

16gb crucial ballistix

I used a windows 10 media creation tool from Microsoft site. when i boot to it, it get stuck in Logo.  the Loading circles dont even appear. I have used 3 differemt usb sticks and all with the same results. Any ideas how to get windows on this new build?

Howdy and welcome :)

can you get into bios?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

So what it sounds like you want to do is boot from a USB stick then instal to an attached drive.  Question at the moment seems to me to be will one of those sticks even boot to start with.  If you remove all storage devices can you boot from any of those USB sticks?  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

well I removed both the ssd and hard drive and attempted to boot from just the sticks. they all just get stuck at windows logo

With stuff removed but stick in can you get to bios and if so see the stick?

Just now, grenadier_09 said:

yes I can.  I have 2 sandisk ones and a Toshiba usb. 

Argh.  This implies bad boot software but it seems it was downloaded as a bootable install drive image.  I don’t know if the current win10 downloadable image will boot without an attached drive or not.  Older ones would.  There’s no change in behavior? Like perhaps Getting stuck somewhere else instead? Is the USB channel marked as bootable in bios?

its strange that its bad boot software since its the media creation tool from Microsoft site. yes they are and secure boot is also disabled

23 minutes ago, grenadier_09 said:

its strange that its bad boot software since its the media creation tool from Microsoft site. yes they are and secure boot is also disabled

It strikes me as odd too.  So much so I don’t want to commit to it.

booting Linux also does the same exact thing.  the issue could be the cpu itself

1 hour ago, grenadier_09 said:

booting Linux also does the same exact thing.  the issue could be the cpu itself

Or at least wasn’t the OS.  Got a nasty suspicion I’m missing something obvious in bios settings.  It posts so the hardware works.

That’s... bad.  Clearly it’s not reading right because the computer is working.  B550 is supposed to be drop in ready for 5600 but I’m wondering how true that is.  Is there a new bios version out for the motherboard?

I believe there is. I attempted loading most recent version but it read error data check

6 minutes ago, grenadier_09 said:

I believe there is. I attempted loading most recent version but it read error data check

Thats possibly bad.  You try it more than once?

I have the exact same issues (with a 5800x & aorus b550i, clock speed showing 0mhz and stuck on windows logo on boot).... please let me know if you found a solution to this!

I’ve been hearing that b550 boards vary as to how compatible they are. Some work well, some work only kinda.  This is could qualify as kinda.  This may require a bios update to the really really latest version.  I don’t know.

On 11/22/2020 at 8:29 PM, Bombastinator said:

That’s... bad.  Clearly it’s not reading right because the computer is working.  B550 is supposed to be drop in ready for 5600 but I’m wondering how true that is.  Is there a new bios version out for the motherboard?

On 11/22/2020 at 8:33 PM, grenadier_09 said:

14 minutes ago, rowanhazard said:

I have the exact same issues (with a 5800x & aorus b550i, clock speed showing 0mhz and stuck on windows logo on boot).... please let me know if you found a solution to this!

X570 ad B550 is not 'Ryzen 5000 series Ready' out of the box, especially if it was a motherboard manufactured PRIOR to Ryzen 5000-series launch.

You still need to update the BIOS to a Ryzen 5000-series supported version.

Any of the X570 / B550 motherboard you buy NOW, should support 5000-series Ryzen, though.

Board manufacturers should be shipping boards with it pre-flashed with the proper BIOS firmware.

@Bombastinator WHICH B550 Aorus board are you using?

Arous Pro / Ultra / Eilte?

ATX / mATX / micro-ATX version?

@rowanhazard Ryzen 5800X supported with BIOS version F10 on the Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX.

BIOS version F10 was released Sept-18-2020.

However, BIOS F11i is not available too, Nov-11-2020.

image.thumb.png.0763d6e901f74cf2c9963f9c8ebb0a8e.png

image.thumb.png.26889fbad1b0b679b28addbb224dd523.png

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

2 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

X570 ad B550 is not 'Ryzen 5000 series Ready' out of the box, especially if it was a motherboard manufactured PRIOR to Ryzen 5000-series launch.

Any of the X570 / B550 motherboard you buy NOW, should support 5000-series Ryzen, though.

Board manufacturers should be shipping boards with it pre-flashed with the proper BIOS firmware.

@rowanhazard Ryzen 5800X with BIOS version F10.

BIOS version F10 was released Sept-09-2020.

Lifesaver. Just bought this board a few days ago so I figured it would be on a somewhat recent version. Just checked and it is on F3 :). I will download F10 and give it a shot & lyk how it goes. Thanks again.

13 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

@rowanhazard Ryzen 5800X supported with BIOS version F10 on the Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX.

BIOS version F10 was released Sept-18-2020.

? I’m not the OP.  

The thing is it apparently did work some.  If you drop a 3600 into a pre zen2 b450 board you get nothing at all.  There is a difference.  It may be an older chip is needed that DOES work really right to even get the bios updated correctly. 

12 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

? I’m not the OP.  

The thing is it apparently did work some.  If you drop a 3600 into a pre zen2 b450 board you get nothing at all.  There is a difference.  It may be an older chip is needed that DOES work really right to even get the bios updated correctly. 

Whoops...mah bad.

In OP @grenadier_09's case, that is one of the few possible symptoms of the CPU not being recognized 100% by the motherboard.

The CPU frequency is 0.0 MHz.

It will also depend if the Microcode, from the existing BIOS firmware, is enough know you have a Zen2 / Zen3 or AM4 CPU in the socket....or a block of silicon sand in the socket.

If OP is able to get into the BIOS, he / she should be able to update the BIOS.

Plus, I believe his board also has Q-Flash Plus feature (e.g. update the BIOS without CPU / RAM / GPU, via USB stick).

Again, it will depend on WHICH Aorus B550 board is he / she has...

EDIT:

According to Gigabyte's website, ALL Aorus-tier B550 boards has Q-Flash Plus feature.

BIOS can be updated even without a supported CPU...or just straight up no CPU in the socket.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>