New reciever

kcihtred2

So my dad has a really old setup. Jsr 635 with sat125 and sub125.

He's moved and decided to go full roku with his setup. The receiver is pure analog. What would be a good upgrade for him? The speakers are fine

that receiver is pretty low powered 40watt per channel tops. if your keeping the speakers just remember that, most newer avr's are around 75watt per channel and higher

other then that any 5.1 from pioneer, yamaha, denon, sony....lowest ive seen some is just under 200 other wise they mostly are in the mid 200"

On 11/22/2020 at 3:04 AM, circeseye said:

that receiver is pretty low powered 40watt per channel tops. if your keeping the speakers just remember that, most newer avr's are around 75watt per channel and higher

other then that any 5.1 from pioneer, yamaha, denon, sony....lowest ive seen some is just under 200 other wise they mostly are in the mid 200"

the sats are 50 watts. So I have to get one that is lower or equal then the wattage?

1 hour ago, kcihtred2 said:

the sats are 50 watts. So I have to get one that is lower or equal then the wattage?

im not sure what your speakers are rated at. getting a higher wattage receiver is fine. if your speakers are the same low wattage just dont crank the new one up, you might blow them