Does Linus ever look at the benchmarks of the M1?

Rlmva
8 minutes ago, zhnu said:

This all started with your reply to my post: "What does it matter what it scores on geekbench? Meanwhile I'm here wait for them to have a proper software support so it can be compared to other devices."

Do what you will but don't be belligerent towards people. Wanna watch the video watch, if you don't want that's fine, but don't be saying it has proper software support when It clearly is a new arch with limited support and sure you can get a pretty graph that means pretty much nothing in the real world.

He's asking for you to be specific, when you say it doesn't have "proper software support". Be explicit.

You linked a video - okay, which exact parts, and exact points of the video are you using to support your position. Explain why on a point by point basis.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Barging into the conversation? I thought this forum had a "Don't be a dick" rule, and I'm not going to bother replying to hostility.

I'm simply making a point, even with proof people still seem to ignore it. Saying an app "runs fine" then ignoring it needs to run on an emulation layer is missing that it isn't running natively, which is important as not everyone will want to deal with possible issues and applications running slower.

3 hours ago, zhnu said:

I already gave examples of software that has problems or doesn't run at all and I said "Someone made a video with issues they had after the first week of use starts at 58s."

You basically just told him to watch the whole video (minus the first 58 seconds) - so that's still 9+ minutes of footage.

Now, he said a few things in that video. Particularly that Final Cut was having some stuttering with scrubbing through the timeline. Okay - sure. But how does the previous Intel Macbook compare of the equivalent configuration? He does not tell us or show us how it compares, so I have no idea if this is something unique to the M1 or not.

Plenty of Windows Intel/AMD based laptops have stutter when scrubbing through a video editor timeline.

My work laptop does occasionally have timeline stutter with Premiere Elements, and I have an i7-8850H 6 core/12 thread pretty beefy laptop.

He did complain about some crashing issues with Photoshop when using some specific tools - that's a legitimate concern, yes, but are there other, specific examples of outright crashing?

I think it's totally reasonable to expect someone to explain why something (be it a link or a video, etc) supports their claims, instead of just saying "Watch this" with no elaboration. Maybe that's me being unreasonable, but I don't think so.

So, rather than this just descending into a giant argument and accusations flying, why don't you break down the video for @LAwLz and go through each point the video brings up, and explain why that point is valid and what the implications of are. There are really only 2 or 3 points in the video, so it shouldn't be a massive undertaking.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)