GPU UPGRADE

daddrian

EDIT: I wrote a post about a cheap GPU upgrade for a certain game, but I forgot no one on this forum cares about old GPUs, everyone is interested in the expensive RTX 3000/2000 series 🙃  reported and waiting for post deletion

Edited by Adrian98765

Double the VRAM amount and a significantly faster card? I think that getting the R9 380 is a no brainer in your case. (power shouldn't be an issue)

I've been thinking to get a new GPU for my system. I've been gaming on a GTX 470 for quite some time. I have a 1366 x 768 monitor, and  games usually take RAM as VRAM when needed, so I could run quite a lot of games with this 1.25GB VRAM. I am happy with how the GPU performs, I can play GTA 5 with everything maxed except textures, Watch Dogs 1 on Ultra, it even runs Assassin's Creed Syndicate, but I want to play Batman Arkham Knight. It runs good with 640 x 480, but on 1366 x 768 it stutters due to the 1.25GB VRAM. Not that I could not play it all with 640 x 480, 4 years ago I finished Assassin's Creed 3 on 800 x 600, 15FPS and a tiny ass image covered in black bars because I had a 4:3 monitor and the game is only 16:9, but I want a crispier image.. I live in Romania, and I have found 2 cheap GPUs to replace my 470 for Batman Arkham Knight.

First one is a Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB for 60 dollars

Second one is Sapphire Radeon R9 380 4GB for 78 dollars

My pc has Intel Core i5-2400 with 8GB DDR3. As PSU I have this Corsair VS450 which has been used all this time to power up the GTX 470. 

@Adrian98765 I believe your second choice would work fine as @RAM555789mentioned.

51 minutes ago, Adrian98765 said:

~ but I forgot no one on this forum cares about old GPUs, everyone is interested in the expensive RTX 3000/2000 series 🙃  reported and waiting for post deletion

This is not always the case. There are many in the community that are not the new generation that cares. ;) 

You need to be patient and allow those that can answer appropriately to reply... this is the key with world wide forums of this type.

I see no reason to lock or remove this topic. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution   |   My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

† † †

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

† CHRISTIAN MEMBER †

1 hour ago, Adrian98765 said:

but I forgot no one on this forum cares

Nah they care its just getting kinda late EST so less people are on.