Recommendations - Cherry MX Silent Red wireless

TheStigsChineseCousin
Go to solution Solved by seon123,

You could check out the Keychron K4v2, which has a hot swappable option. For switches, you might want to check out nicer switches than Cherry MX Silent Reds. If you want silent linears, check out the Ghost switch, Silent Alpacas, Durock silent linears, Healios, and Box Silent Pink. 

I've had to re-arrange my work from home setup, and am now in search of another keyboard since I've grown tired of having to use my membrane wireless one with the work laptop.  Once I do return to working in an office I would bring whatever keyboard I get with me, so based on my needs I've come up with the following criteria:

- Full size, or at least with a num pad so 96 key is fine

- Cherry MX Silent Red switches

- wireless

- Ideally some backlight, white is fine, or RGB so I can make it white-ish.

In searching around I can't seem to find a board that has all of these. I'd even be open to a hot swappable board that I swap in Silent Red switches on.  Everything I've found so far might hit 3 out of my 4 points so maybe what I want doesn't exist.   Anyway, I'm not really up on the keyboard market since I haven't had to buy one in a couple years, so open to suggestions. 

You could check out the Keychron K4v2, which has a hot swappable option. For switches, you might want to check out nicer switches than Cherry MX Silent Reds. If you want silent linears, check out the Ghost switch, Silent Alpacas, Durock silent linears, Healios, and Box Silent Pink. 

:)

I appreciate that, I will check out the board.  I looked at Keychron's website several times, I don't know how I missed it before.  This keyboard will be for work, so 100% typing.  I type on MX Brown switches on my home desktop so that's what I'm used to, just need a silent switch for work.  I've demoed MX Reds before and they were fine for typing too so that's why I had that as my option.  I will certainly check out the ones you mentioned, I appreciate your recommendations.  

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

I ended up buying the Keychron K4v2, thanks for the suggestion.  Did some more research on other hot swappable options, this was the best one.  Plus now I can experiment with different switches without spending much money, and inevitably I'll want to get different switches down the line, so this will make it a breeze to swap them out.

take a look at kailh silent box brown for tactile silent switch.

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD