Recently got a 2070 super, wont register my resolution?

NicholasNicholasNicholas
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
Just now, Nickathom said:

it is dual link

The display port standard does not natively supply a DVI Dual Link signal. Therefore, if you did not go out of your way to get an active dual link adapter, you are currently using a single link adapter with the amount of pins of a dual link cable.

My old 2560x1600 display needed a DP to DVI in order to work, and now that I have got it, nvidia says its native resolution is 1280x800. I cant find a way to fix it and i am unfamiliar with Nvidia drivers. Could someone help me please?
image.png.dc83db96d6b08fa80dacd28b2d168331.png}
It basically looks like 1280x800 with high anti aliasing on a 30' screen... pls help

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

Could be a crappy DP to DVI adapter that only really wants to register lower resolutions, maybe?

Can near guarantee this

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Dual link DVI can handle 2560x1200, but a proper dual link connection requires either a native DVI port or an active adapter (super expensive)

Dual link passive adapters simply allow for the pins to fit inside the cable, and carry a single link connection.

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

Could be a crappy DP to DVI adapter that only really wants to register lower resolutions, maybe?

Wouldn't say crappy, more likely just the wrong type.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Dual link DVI can handle 2560x1200, but a proper dual link connection requires either a native DVI port or an active adapter (super expensive)

Dual link passive adapters simply allow for the pins to fit inside the cable, and carry a single link connection.

Wouldn't say crappy, more likely just the wrong type.

it is dual link

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

Just now, Nickathom said:

it is dual link

The display port standard does not natively supply a DVI Dual Link signal. Therefore, if you did not go out of your way to get an active dual link adapter, you are currently using a single link adapter with the amount of pins of a dual link cable.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

20 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

it has a solid block of pins, doesnt that mean its dual link?

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

3 minutes ago, Nickathom said:

it has a solid block of pins, doesnt that mean its dual link?

could you kindly share the specific adapter name that you purchased, or a link if possible

Primary PC:

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

could you kindly share the specific adapter name that you purchased, or a link if possible

i will get back to you

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200