New ASRock B450M-Pro4 does not keep time

Hello,

I bought an ASRock B450M-Pro4 to pair with a 2200g and the time does not keep itself. I changed in UEFI twice and it keeps losing it.. Is it a defective motherboard?

Change the CMOS battery, the coin cell between the 2 PCIe slots

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

2 hours ago, Frandesktop said:

Hello,

I bought an ASRock B450M-Pro4 to pair with a 2200g and the time does not keep itself. I changed in UEFI twice and it keeps losing it.. Is it a defective motherboard?

You mean it doesn't save the overclock or any settings you set in the bios?

10 hours ago, MisterMeow said:

You mean it doesn't save the overclock or any settings you set in the bios?

I didn't try to overclock, could the problem be caused by me unplugging the PSU and pressing on on button to discharge the electricity then plugging it back in? (I needed to open the case to insert a cable there)

11 hours ago, BigRom said:

Change the CMOS battery, the coin cell between the 2 PCIe slots

But it's a new mobo.. or it was old sitting for a long time in the warehouse?

I will give it another chance because perhaps it happened after I unplugged the PSU

2 hours ago, Frandesktop said:

I will give it another chance because perhaps it happened after I unplugged the PSU

The CMOS battery is dead, when you unplug the motherboard the CMOS is the only thing powering it to maintain the clock/BIOS settings.

That is why when you really want to clear every single setting in BIOS, you remove the CMOS battery.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

Bios will tell you battery voltage. Should be 3.3v. Under 3v replace it.

Windows syncs time with bios. Set your time in windows to correct region and double check in bios after a restart.