Assassins Creed Valhalla - computer restarts -

Mry

After starting a new game, watching the very first cinematic about times beginning - right when she finishes her tale and the screen goes white (and im assuming the game actually starts) 

my computer restarts. no errors. no BSOD. no beeps. nothing.

event log has this around the time of the crash:

Event 642, ESENT (x2)

Event 18, WHEA-Logger

Event 1101, EventLog

Event 41, Kernel-Power

Event 6008, EventLog

I am currently running Prime95 and its been going without error or crash for an hour now. This game and Odyssey are the only ones that ive ever had issue with.

updated drivers. chipset. temps are fine. CPU/GPU load is fine.

I reinstalled windows to see if it would help. nope.

faulty PSU? CPU?  am i missing something? 

help

system:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus

g.skill tridentz rgb series 32gb (4 x 8gb)

Corsair RMX Series (2018), RM650x

EVGA GeForce RTX 2070

970 EVO m.2 NVMe 1tb (system drive)

use DDU to wipe your gpus drivers and reinstall them.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

use DDU to wipe your gpus drivers and reinstall them.

I agree with this, Letgomyleghoe beat me to it. haha

if that doesnt work, create a log file for us.

Download HWiNFO here - https://www.hwinfo.com/

How to create a log:

Open HWiNFO and choose sensors only.
In the bottom right there is an icon that looks like a spreadsheet with a green plus on it.

Click that button to start logging, the green plus will switch to a red X to let you know its saving data. 

It will also ask you for a file name and where to save it. I save them to my desktop, name it whatever you want.

Start the log and start the game.

When it locks up/resets, it will leave the log file where you specified.

You now have a log file, please share it.

How to view the log file:

You can view the log using the GenericLogViewer addon here https://www.hwinfo.com/add-ons/

Download, extract, run GenericLogViewer.exe, click the open file button in the top right and point it to the log file you made above.

Use the dropdown in the upper right to choose which category to view

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

1 hour ago, cr8tor said:

I agree with this, Letgomyleghoe beat me to it. haha

if that doesnt work, create a log file for us.

Download HWiNFO here - https://www.hwinfo.com/

How to create a log:

Open HWiNFO and choose sensors only.
In the bottom right there is an icon that looks like a spreadsheet with a green plus on it.

Click that button to start logging, the green plus will switch to a red X to let you know its saving data. 

It will also ask you for a file name and where to save it. I save them to my desktop, name it whatever you want.

Start the log and start the game.

When it locks up/resets, it will leave the log file where you specified.

You now have a log file, please share it.

How to view the log file:

You can view the log using the GenericLogViewer addon here https://www.hwinfo.com/add-ons/

Download, extract, run GenericLogViewer.exe, click the open file button in the top right and point it to the log file you made above.

Use the dropdown in the upper right to choose which category to view

so, i tried DDU. didn't work. Kinda expected that, in reinstalled windows and tried it before after all. but here is the log. let me know if you need another one. So far im lost on how to fix this

LOG 1151am.CSV

Well, everything looks good as far as i can tell in the log.

That leave me suspecting the power supply.

Voltages do look ok, but they can right up until it craps out.

How old is your power supply?

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

8 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

Well, everything looks good as far as i can tell in the log.

That leave me suspecting the power supply.

Voltages do look ok, but they can right up until it craps out.

How old is your power supply?

Corsair RMX Series (2018), RM650x

bought new in feb this year. ive got an older 650 PSU i can try. will be trying that i guess

Tried another PSU

(corsair enthusiast series tx650)

same issue. tried another outlet. tried another power strip. all the same issue.  maybe its the MOBO/CPU?

13 minutes ago, Mry said:

Tried another PSU

(corsair enthusiast series tx650)

same issue. tried another outlet. tried another power strip. all the same issue.  maybe its the MOBO/CPU?

Look, I know it sounds stupid but this worked for me (some games restarted pc), and it doesn't cost you to try. Go to View Advanced System Settings -> Startup and Recovery -> Automatically restart. 

Athlon x4 840 @3.7Ghz MSI A68HM-E33 V2 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ SC GTX 750TI A400 120GB TOSHIBA 1TB MSI 200W 

14 minutes ago, shone32 said:

Look, I know it sounds stupid but this worked for me (some games restarted pc), and it doesn't cost you to try. Go to View Advanced System Settings -> Startup and Recovery -> Automatically restart. 

tried both on and off =/ didn't work.

5 hours ago, Mry said:

I am currently running Prime95 and its been going without error or crash for an hour now

Prime95 stresses the CPU, but not the GPU.

Try running something like furmark to stress the gpu.

Might run a log while you do it also.

Family machines

1 hour ago, cr8tor said:

Prime95 stresses the CPU, but not the GPU.

Try running something like furmark to stress the gpu.

Might run a log while you do it also.

so i tried furmark.

ran it for about 30 min (sorry forgot to log until the last 5~ min)

no errors nothing.  maybe it is a software issue? but why would it not be fixed after reinstalling windows? i tried a windows memory diagnostic too and it came back clear. drive test. prime95. running out of idea's

test.CSV

Do believe your issue is the power supply.

The graph below is your 12v rail.

Its not at 12v. It should not dip below 12v and its hanging out at 11.98 with a dip all the say to 11.88.

Replace your PSU.

Or check connections if you have not done so.
Could possibly be a power source problem, but likely, replace your PSU.

This would also make sense as when you load a game, you are using storage, memory, CPU and GPU, so its a high draw moment where if you survive that initial blast, then it might continue running ok. So many things can affect this and it looks like your PSU is right on that edge of having bad days.

image.thumb.png.9a16d02c9b971fde119234a6bef3ac0a.png

Family machines

7 hours ago, cr8tor said:

Do believe your issue is the power supply.

The graph below is your 12v rail.

Its not at 12v. It should not dip below 12v and its hanging out at 11.98 with a dip all the say to 11.88.

Replace your PSU.

Or check connections if you have not done so.
Could possibly be a power source problem, but likely, replace your PSU.

This would also make sense as when you load a game, you are using storage, memory, CPU and GPU, so its a high draw moment where if you survive that initial blast, then it might continue running ok. So many things can affect this and it looks like your PSU is right on that edge of having bad days.

image.thumb.png.9a16d02c9b971fde119234a6bef3ac0a.png

okay i'll give it a shot with a 3rd power supply on a separate circuit, ty for the advice

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/22/2020 at 2:00 AM, Mry said:

okay i'll give it a shot with a 3rd power supply on a separate circuit, ty for the advice

Has anyone found a solution? Im down to saying its either a Ryzen issue or an NZXT CAM issue