Neural Engine on M1 is amazing...

TheReal1980

Good news indeed

so so coreML will use both CPU (8 cores) + 8 cores GPU + Neural Engine (16 cores)

good job for such a great SoC (SoC is the future . i cannot understand we build PC with old way that is no good for memory architecture) not specaing efficiency cpu ...

https://developer.apple.com/machine-learning/core-ml/

Use the coremltools Python package to convert models from third-party training libraries such as TensorFlow and PyTorch to the Core ML format. You can then use Core ML to integrate the models into your app.

chosen opensource tensorflow and pyTorch

i am a beginner (doing some ML or try to , i am in security field) so don't know if that could be a problem

1 hour ago, fred82 said:

i cannot understand we build PC with old way that is no good for memory architecture) not specaing efficiency cpu

Because it allows for modularity and upgradeability :P

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

15 hours ago, Sakuriru said:

Look man all I'm saying is that it doesn't change anything for me and a faster machine that I develop on is great, but honestly machines were fast enough that it didn't matter or it matters a lot and I need to ssh into some server and run my code there. The only reason I develop for MacOS is because of client specifications anyway. Swift isn't on my top five languages of choice, but I guess it's better than Objective-C. These wild claims that now there's a "baseline" for developers is silly.

And why do you think you represent the whole world? You don't. Everyone has different needs and people who use a Mac, or develop complicated apps for it will benefit with the baseline performance increases in terms of CPU, GPU and dedicated NPU. If it doesn't change anything for you, alright, just mention what you'd like to see instead of deeming it as useless because it isn't useful to you

15 hours ago, Sakuriru said:

You know what does matter for my specific use case is developing on more than one external display, which is something I do on my current MacBook.

The Mac mini can connect two displays though. The MacBook Air/Pro support only one at a time and that's a limitation. Hopefully it will be addressed in the next generation and higher end models