Nvidia Game Code overdue due to supply shortage

Agonizel

Hi everyone,

So I pre-ordered and paid for an RTX3080 back in September with an included 1year Nvidia membership and COD Coldwar.
I'm an avid FPS player and I was looking forward to play Call of Duty.
Now the retailer made an announcement saying RTX availability won't be until 2021, I suspected that much.
But here's the issue: the codes are overdue in December and beginning January, which means I won't benefit from those offers I expected when pre-ordering the GPU - since the GPU will probably arrive later.

I had a mail exchange with a sales rep of the retailer. I explained I understood supply shortage was not their fault, but they still were responsible for advertising those offers - then I asked if they had plans to adress this issue.

The sales rep basically told me "No" as he answered that the date limit was given and they couldn't do a thing about it.

Now I'm ready to contact Nvidia about the issue, but I'm having trouble finding an actual person or entity to write to as I am constantly redirected to Q&A pages and the forums.
Can anyone help me or give me guidance on this?

And in the off chance Linus ever sees it, could he call them out on it - because it's kind of unfair. I'm considering cancelling my pre-order because of that.

AMD has this system where you can "secure" the game although you haven't received the card yet, but you only can download it when the corresponding AMD Hardware is detected in your system. That way you are guaranteed to get the offered additional content. I wish Nvidia could see this.

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

must suck to have "pre-ordered" something.

and all those who didn't got theirs before you.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

That's the inherent risk of pre-ordering.

Just buy the game separately if it means that much to you.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

Those codes are free extras. They don't add anything to value, so you don't actually lose anything by not getting code. You would gain something if you would get code. Not the first time, and Nvidia is not gonna do anything. You would need to be in country with strict consumer protection and have good lawyer behind you to go fight over that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I still think it's a valid argument.

If you bought one during a promotion period you should be entitled to whatever discount or extra they advertised.

Nvidia can't really take much more bad rep, I'm sure they have enough pull to extend the period in which these keys can be claimed

Yeah it does suck, I've canceled my pre-order. The Game Code thing was just the tipping point but the late arrivals, the crashing issues (although "fixed"), AMD GPUs coming out and the lack of information (I don't even know how good or bad the GPU I pre-ordered was) were all factors that made me pull out of this mess

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !