Most COMFORTABLE Headphones for $100?

Cs342

Hey guys, I was wondering what the most comfortable headphones are. I currently own a pair of Sony MDR-XB600 headphones and they are the most comfortable headphones I have ever used in my life. I could literally wear them all day without noticing they're there simply due to the amazingly soft cushion earpads that don't clamp at all.

I want to upgrade my headphones but nothing I've seen so far has matched my Sonys in terms of comfort, which is a big deal because I wear glasses. Any suggestions?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

love my xb700s never felt more comfortable headphones

wow... pretty empty here...

It may not be audiophile grade but the Razer Carchiras are extremely comfortable, the pair I had was amazing and I at most times would forget I was even wearing them.

SRH440 isn't that bad, HD439 is better. SE-A1000 would a great option but isn't portable.

love my xb700s never felt more comfortable headphones

Are they a lot better than the XB600s?

Beyerdynamics are known to be extremely comfortable. You can prolly get a used pair for close to that price. 

I need headphones that do not clamp at all and have cushions like the Sonys. Are they Beyerdynamics that comfortable?

I need headphones that do not clamp at all and have cushions like the Sonys. Are they Beyerdynamics that comfortable?

Yes but I just too a quick look at the ones on ebay and there is one for cheap but the earpads are very dirty and will need replacement. There are also no 250ohms. Just 80. For DT770s anyway. Did not look at any of the other ones. They did clamp on me when I first got them though but I have an unusually large head. Now they are completely fine. 

Are they a lot better than the XB600s?

I would have to guess but as the xb600s have 1watt and the xb700s have 3watts and also 50mm membrane instead of 40mm, i think they would be a decent upgrade from the xb600s

The Pioneer SE-A1000 were extremely comfortable for me. You could always mod beefier pads on...

I didn't like the grainy texture of the cloth pads but that's just me. I actually sold my SE-A1000 and decided to grab PC360s. 

I didn't like the grainy texture of the cloth pads but that's just me. I actually sold my SE-A1000 and decided to grab PC360s. 

Well I did say "for me" :P

I would have to guess but as the xb600s have 1watt and the xb700s have 3watts and also 50mm membrane instead of 40mm, i think they would be a decent upgrade from the xb600s

those specs don't even matter

Well I did say "for me" :P

those specs don't even matter

maybe. i'm not really into headphones. All I can say is: the sound is good(my opinion), build quality is good(my opinion as my xb700s didn't break yet), and they are the most comfortable headphones I and all my friends have tried.

maybe. i'm not really into headphones. All I can say is: the sound is good(my opinion), build quality is good(my opinion as my xb700s didn't break yet), and they are the most comfortable headphones I and all my friends have tried.

Yeah I would say the XB600 is even more comfortable because it isn't as bulky, but they're both extremely comfortable headphones. I haven't been able to find a single non-Sony headphone that can beat the XB series in terms of comfort :P

The Pioneer SE-A1000 were extremely comfortable for me. You could always mod beefier pads on...

Yeah, pads aren't the nicest ever, but they literally don't clamp at all, really nice for when I have a headache. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Yeah, pads aren't the nicest ever, but they literally don't clamp at all, really nice for when I have a headache. 

I need something portable and easily powered by an Android smartphone ^^

I need something portable and easily powered by an Android smartphone ^^

they are easily powered, but open, but not portable at all.. but I cast my vote for the Shure SRH440 with 840 pads, very little clamping, and the pads are pretty nice 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

they are easily powered, but open, but not portable at all.. but I cast my vote for the Shure SRH440 with 840 pads, very little clamping, and the pads are pretty nice 

the cord is really ugly though :S 

I have ATH-M50's and they can get really uncomfortable after a while... give me the occasional headache after prolonged use. I wish the comfort was as good as the sound quality.  :(

Sennheiser HD518 if you're looking for open headphones.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Just keep your XB600's if you like them so much. Would have to bump up your budget to get better sounding + equivalent comfort.

Grab a pair of Dt990 pro 250 ohm from amazon for like under 150 the msrp is 299 but I got mine brand new for 145 they are the best sounding and most comfortable things I've ever put on my ears

+1 on sen 558

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti