Does temporarily getting a 1660ti make any sense?

Leytonstone

Budget (including currency): 2500£

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Apex Legends, League of Legends, AC: Odyssey, Cyberpunk 2077

Other details:

So my current setup is a 2017 Razer blade with a 1060 (yes the bezels are a few inches thick). It probably made my neighbours think I use a leaf blower in my bedroom for most of the day. I mainly play Apex Legends at 1080p and this bad boy manages 75 FPS with low settings and the cpu at 99°.

In an ideal world I'd upgrade to a Ryzen 5600x and 3080, but that's clearly not the case for this year.

So I'm considering the following:

• getting a 3700x and using that for the foreseeable future since all I do is play games with Discord open and maybe 3 Crome tabs. I can upgrade it+ the motherboard a few years down the line when I feel the need

• getting a 1660ti and using it to play at 1080p (75hz monitor) until next year when I can upgrade both my monitor and my GPU to a 3080/3080ti.

This is my first pc build so I was wondering if my plan makes any sense.

Its not a bad idea, but I'd consider a considerably cheaper card like a 1650 super or a used RX 570/580

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

While GTX 1660Ti is faster than GTX 1060 (quite a lot in some cases), I'd personally wait for RTX 3060 or even Radeon RX6600. It shouldn't be "that" far away and until then you should be fairly ok with GTX 1060. Then you'll see insane framerate jump compared to GTX 1060.

Also, check RTX 2060 if you get a good deal by any chance. These are even faster than GTX 1660Ti. But it's all down to price there as it's not that of a massive jump.