Should I get a new PC if these are the idle temps of my current laptop ?

870375761_Screenshot2020-11-13203311.jpg.257fce35d30eef6599614de5e84ea830.jpg

(From top to bottom : Overall , Core 0, Core 1 ; From left to right : Current, Minimum, Maximum)

I have a four year old dell inspiron (originally released in like fall 2015) with 4GB of DDR4 2133 MHZ with an i3-6100u. And the above shown images are from CPUID HWMonitor. AND TO BE CLEAR THESE ARE IDLE TEMPS ! I even cleaned the sorta cooling fan by removing the back panel of this laptop. I had upgraded to an SSD. But everything I do seems to be bottlenecked by not that SSD, but that CPU and its batteries (the laptop doesn't work without being plugged into the wall at all times) and the RAM (it has 74-86% Idle Usage WTF). You might have seen recently a lot of posts from me regarding what build should I go for or whether to upgrade ? It is because I am confused whether I should or should not. If you ask me whether it can perform basic tasks like browsing web, checking email, watching youtube and stuff. I would say like yeah 40 percent or maybe 1/3 of the time it does the job. And If you say is it able to do proper video conferencing ? I would say like 1/3 to 35 percent, because most of the time the video of the video conferencing is very laggy and it plays back at like 15-20 FPS and the voice just cracks and many times during a video conference, it turns off. As sometimes there are powercuts and as I have mentioned before that well it can't run without being plugged into the wall,so it shutsdown immediately. When doing anything many times it freezes, like literally a few hours ago I was reading a pdf and it froze. So I had to power it off via the powerbutton and power it on again which takes, (I have timed it) around 10 minutes. Like this thing takes sometimes minutes to load web apps and some webpages.

And that's not all. I was learning programming like python and C++. So I gathered the courage to try and run an IDE on this. I mean it takes some time to load, but it does the job some times and freezes some times. I wanted to learn how to make 3D models and stuff with Blender, but alas I didn't have the courage to try and run it on this machine. BTW, ever since I upgraded the HDD to an SSD, due to the CPU being incapable there is only some visible change in performance, whenever I check SSD Utilization by task manager I get at most 10 percent. But the CPU is utilized 53-60 percent Idle. And when I bought this samsung 860 evo, it was like 100 USD (90 USD + Taxes), so when I say to my mother that my PC is not you know working the way it should be right now, she always says well you invested 100 USD in upgrading it ! You are lying because you just want to play games on a PC.

I won't just play games. Even, in this post in this last section, I am going to talk about it. Well, If I get a new PC with a D-GPU, I will play only a few games like Minecraft, Apex legends (Not too much, as I get bored pretty quick), COD : Warzone (If I manage to ever download it). And BTW I plan on gaming on like weekends i.e. Sunday only or maybe Saturday Night. As I do have study to do and other things like coding and blender to do too. 

You should try to replace the thermal paste. It's worthless cleaning your fans if the only thing remaining between your cpu and the heatsink is thermal paste powder. The reason for this high temperatures is most likely that the cpu cannot efficiently transfer heat to the heatsink.

But frankly enough if you don't care about portability, you can pick up a cheap optiplex and an ssd that will do 100 times better than your current laptop.

2 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

You should try to replace the thermal paste. It's worthless cleaning your fans if the only thing remaining between your cpu and the heatsink is thermal paste powder. The reason for this high temperatures is most likely that the cpu cannot efficiently transfer heat to the heatsink.

But frankly enough if you don't care about portability, you can pick up a cheap optiplex and an ssd that will do 100 times better than your current laptop.

I unfortunately do not posses enough courage to do that. And like the heat sink is pretty thin on this dell machine. And the fan is not even in a position where it would be most effective, the batteries are swollen (Its not much of a laptop, if you have to have it plugged it). And as you shall see, in the edit I made, that this PC is not able to satisfy my current needs. When I opened the back panel, the first thing I saw was like a layer of dust. And that was enough to make me cough for like 1 minute.

I will look into the OptiPlex though

6 minutes ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

I unfortunately do not posses enough courage to do that. And like the heat sink is pretty thin on this dell machine. And the fan is not even in a position where it would be most effective, the batteries are swollen (Its not much of a laptop, if you have to have it plugged it). And as you shall see, in the edit I made, that this PC is not able to satisfy my current needs. When I opened the back panel, the first thing I saw was like a layer of dust. And that was enough to make me cough for like 1 minute.

I will look into the OptiPlex though

It's not that difficult, and if you won't do it you'll end up with a pc anyway. It doesn't require much skill. Take the back panel off. Take necessary screws off, take the heat sink off, clean whatever is left of the thermal paste, put a bit of thermal paste on the cpu and put everything back together. As long as you're a little careful nothing bad will happen.

it would probably be cheaper to do the thermal paste, clean fans and get a new battery for the laptop than getting a new pc, just use the model number off the battery and get a new one off of eBay, might not last as long as the original one brand new but will be better than a swollen batter, and make sure you have an SSD, its good to reduce Ewaste when possible, SSD are like $20-40 and you can use the old HDD as extra storage, they have conversion bays to convert an dvd drive into a Sata drive idk if your PC has an M.2 slot

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv