HELP IM HAVING RAM XMP ISSUES

ive been having trouble with xmp with my asrock b450a/c motherboard i tried to set my ram to its advertised speed (3200 mhz) and it stays at 2133 please help its my birthday and i just built the pc

1 minute ago, Henrymardh said:

ive been having trouble with xmp with my asrock b450a/c motherboard i tried to set my ram to its advertised speed (3200 mhz) and it stays at 2133 please help its my birthday and i just built the pc

What's your ram? Tell me the model and the speed.

Just now, Rooked said:

What's your ram? Tell me the model and the speed.

GeIL ORION AMD Edition 16GB 3200mhz

What's your processor? It should have no problems unless it's ECC, which I don't think it is.

Just now, Rooked said:

What's your processor? It should have no problems unless it's ECC, which I don't think it is.

Ryzen 5 1600

Try using this guide:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/how-to-enable-xmp-ddr4-overclocking,6133.html#:~:text=Motherboards and processors that don,it's automated via Intel XMP.&text=XMP typically means running the,2666%2F2400 MHz...

If it doesn't work, you're gonna need to do it manually by inputting the profile given with the ram manually into the speed, voltage and CL.

8 minutes ago, Henrymardh said:

Ryzen 5 1600

1st gen Ryzen is much more finnicky than newer Ryzen in terms of RAM, and for your specific motherboard anything above 2666Mhz is classed as OC (for 1st gen Ryzen) so Asrock can't guarantee it will run at those RAM speeds. Scroll to "Memory" section, refer Summit Ridge

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L